Technical Second Hand ABS Pump (Bosch 9) Coding on Fiat Motorhome 2012

Currently reading:
Technical Second Hand ABS Pump (Bosch 9) Coding on Fiat Motorhome 2012

I am not an expert.
Just had a look at MES in simulate mode to see what can be done. This is very dependent on model type and engine and size and ABS model fitted. Given all that info pre x250 can activate various actions related to the pump. With X250 models as well as activating functions there are also calibration routines available (f7).
taking 2.3 x250 as an example the can info function on body ecu shows abs module as BRAKE system node present/ not present. From here decissions to do a proxi aligment can be made.

I am not an expert.
Just had a look at MES in simulate mode to see what can be done. This is very dependent on model type and engine and size and ABS model fitted. Given all that info pre x250 can activate various actions related to the pump. With X250 models as well as activating functions there are also calibration routines available (f7).
taking 2.3 x250 as an example the can info function on body ecu shows abs module as BRAKE system node present/ not present. From here decissions to do a proxi aligment can be made.
Thanks for that. Well I am completely new to this, so you know a lot more than me.
Mine is an x250 with 2.3, and the ABS unit is apparently a Bosch 9 model.
So on the MES there are quite a few functions that can be done, including calibration?
Regarding the proxy alignment, does that include changing the chasis/VIN number, as I have heard this, at least, will be required to get it working.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks for that. Well I am completely new to this, so you know a lot more than me.
Mine is an x250 with 2.3, and the ABS unit is apparently a Bosch 9 model.
So on the MES there are quite a few functions that can be done, including calibration?
Regarding the proxy alignment, does that include changing the chasis/VIN number, as I have heard this, at least, will be required to get it working.
Thanks for your help.
I have never heard of changing the chassis number , is that possible or even advisable?
I assume it would be to match the s/h ABS unit from another vehicle, but why?

I have never heard of changing the chassis number , is that possible or even advisable?
I assume it would be to match the s/h ABS unit from another vehicle, but why?
As far as I understand, it is changing the chasis no. in the second hand ABS unit to reflect that of the vehicle it has been installed in. I was told this may need to be done to allow it to work on the new vehicle.
Is this cobblers then?

As far as I understand, it is changing the chasis no. in the second hand ABS unit to reflect that of the vehicle it has been installed in. I was told this may need to be done to allow it to work on the new vehicle.
Is this cobblers then?
shoemenders
on trying a proxi in simulate mode no vin number is required

shoemenders
on trying a proxi in simulate mode no vin number is required
😄 OK, thanks. That is good to know.
So do you know what would be required to code a second hand ABS module into a vehicle please?
Lastly, are you using MultiECUScan? I have seen they do a free version that may be worth a play.

😄 OK, thanks. That is good to know.
So do you know what would be required to code a second hand ABS module into a vehicle please?
Lastly, are you using MultiECUScan? I have seen they do a free version that may be worth a play.
yes im using Multiecuscan. the simulate mode allows you to playaround without having a vehicle attached. with a bOsch abs9 mes thinks you have a facelift model abs8 if prefacelift.
the free version will only run for 15 minutes and does nothing usefull other than play with simulate.
the most important thing it allows you to show you have comunication.

to add a new secondhand unit i would (my ideas not knowledge, iv not actually done it)
1 body ecu Can info
is the abs found
2 if abs not found or read then
3 body proxi alignment
if SBS is found without proxi then check comms with F6 actuators
4 ABS F7 adjustments do all the calibrations
Do all this with simulate to start with. dont forget to pick correct model first

I have had a look on Peugeot forums for the boxer .
Coding the abs unit is more involved than people appreciate.
Ecu coding is not a proxi alignment.
I don't think coding can be done using MES
Send faulty unit to bba reman and hope for the best.

these screenshots are from the simulation modes (done on a different machine by the way, so not nicely ordered)
Screenshot (12).pngScreenshot (13).pngScreenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).pngScreenshot (16).pngScreenshot (17).pngScreenshot (18).pngScreenshot (18).pngScreenshot (19).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    98.5 KB · Views: 17
any specific post or thread to look at? Thats a bu****

yes im using Multiecuscan. the simulate mode allows you to playaround without having a vehicle attached. with a bOsch abs9 mes thinks you have a facelift model abs8 if prefacelift.
the free version will only run for 15 minutes and does nothing usefull other than play with simulate.
the most important thing it allows you to show you have comunication.

to add a new secondhand unit i would (my ideas not knowledge, iv not actually done it)
1 body ecu Can info
is the abs found
2 if abs not found or read then
3 body proxi alignment
if SBS is found without proxi then check comms with F6 actuators
4 ABS F7 adjustments do all the calibrations
Do all this with simulate to start with. dont forget to pick correct model first
OK, thanks for that. And yes, I noticed MES says Bosch 9 is on facelift, and Bosch 8 for pre facelift. I was advised mine was 9, even though pre facelift, but they could well be wrong.
I am waiting for some Fiat dealerships to actually confirm these things can be recoded......

Tried both ECU Testing and ACtronics and both have said it is dead. BBA Reman havent seen it yet, but I doubt they will find anything different.
BBA can, however, supply a reconditioned unit, which they say will need to be coded into the vehicle.
However, i have heard that these things cant be recoded and I am waiting for some feedback from some Fiat Professional dealers.
Its a complete minefield.

You may want to read the link I posted . It is a
bit involved but explains why dealers struggle with used units .

If bba can read all the data from your unit and transfer it into another unit then it will be ok

If not you may have to get a brand new unit at a dealer.

Is this cobblers then?
This appears to be true if dealer is coding the unit by getting the correct coding online from HQ that has correct coding stored for each vin number.

This appears to be true if dealer is coding the unit by getting the correct coding online from HQ that has correct coding stored for each vin number.
Ahh, so you think the vehicle coding is held online, and the vehicle parameters are linked to the VIN number? Hence only dealerships can do it?
Will be interesting to get feedback from dealerships tomorrow.

If bba can read all the data from your unit and transfer it into another unit then it will be ok

Yes, I read that and yes, it does appear to be much more involved. I am waiting for a couple of dealers to confirm if they can recode a second hand unit.
Its pretty bad if these units cant be recoded, as there are loads for sale on Ebay! How can you sell something that is useless to the buyer??

BBA Reman have just said that they wouldnt be able to transfer the data, when yesterday they said they should be able to (if it was readable). No real reason given, apart from they have had issues in the past......
As I said, a complete minefield.

This is amazing, well and truely the end of the diy mechanic. Will the manufacturer want payment everytime we open the door?
On the otherhand Fiat dealerships are saying they no longer have the capability to deal with vehicles over 10 years old.

Back