General Seatbelt top tip for all you Sporting owners :)

Currently reading:
General Seatbelt top tip for all you Sporting owners :)

288gto

Hi everyone,

I got fed up with the state of my seatbelts and decided to make a change!!! I soaked them for a few hours in hot water with a mix of Vanish OxiAction and Colour Ariel Gel and then scrubbed with a small brush, it took a day for them to dry but the result was outstanding <see photo>

SEAT.jpg

Also took the car up to a local valet, he used some AutoGlym shampoo on the seats, cost £20.00 but the look almost new :)

P1080289.jpg

Getting it ready for Auto Italia 2012 at Brooklands, are any other Cinquecentos attending?

WOW:eek::eek: What a massive difference and i will remember this for future reference(y) and i will be at brooklands and stanford hall with my cinq bodywork finished or not(y)

Thank you :) the steering wheel was a necessity, as they tried to steal it a few times. So I fitted and after-marked 330mm wheel with a detachable (snapp-off) boss so the wheel goes home with me every night :) also had to cut the tops of the door lock buttons (once some idiot bent my upper door frame to get in before noticing there was no wheel!!!!) car thieves should be shot!

Couldn't help myself and ordered a horn push button from Ferrari, the one from and F40 fit quite nicely :D

With a cage and harnesses you'll be just fine. With ordinary (or even bucket) seats, there's a chance for your shoulders to roll with ordinary belts. You're pretty likely to be OK. With a harness, your shoulders can't move with the impact. Your neck takes the weight of the car. People have survived, but I bet they all wished they'd put a cage in.

See NASCAR for just how effective the helmet, hans, bucket and cage can be!

Last edited:
It is on my shopping list in the next stage but i think its moving very close to being the next purchase,can u recommend a good cage and prefer weld in as ive had them before on my old v8 capris unless the cinq gods advise otherwise:worship::D

Thank you :) I wanted to paint that part of the dash but as its located so close to the window you would get lots of glare, so I went with a satin black with a Broom Yellow sripe (Fiat Coupe inspired) :)

My original seats were quite worn and my mate was stripping a 53 plate Seicento Sound that only done about 20k so the seats were mint, had to modify the rear seat top catches a bit but other than that they were a straight swap. I think those seats were in a Sporting Sei as well but not sure if in that colour?

Last edited:
Back