Seatbelt horror!

Currently reading:
Seatbelt horror!

L

LightWarrior

I gave a friend a lift in the back of my car a few days ago (i try to avoid it, because the exhaust makes too much noise when its fully loaded) and he said, 'oh, your selt belt isn't there'

a quick inspeaction, and i found the female, socket bit that the belt is supposed to clip into, was lying on the floor! now how the hell did that happen? it felt damp, and the threads were like a thick liquid!!

If that'd come off in an accident someone could've been killed.

Now, a few questions.
1) Can it pass an MOT like that (not due till April though)
2) ANyone know how i would get it fixed, and what i'll have to pay?
3) I'm going to a scrapyard for a new drivers seat on tuesday, can i get one from there?

Cheers,
LightWarrior
(it wisnae me!)

That would be an MOT failure definately. Havnt looked under the rear bench for a while but off the top of my head I think the seat belt buckles are bolted in place. Surely you could pick one up from a scrappie and replace it yourself. I would be more worried about what caused it, you obviously have some serious damp getting in somewhere for your seatbelt to rot like that :(

The female part of the rear belts are bolted on just under the bottom of the rear seats (the bit your back is on)
They are a bit of a git to get too if i remember rightly, but you'll definatly get one from the scrappie.
If one has rotted that badly if i were you i'd check the other two as there all side by side.

Rab. :)
"This is a LOCAL website for LOCAL people we'll not have any trouble here"

the other belts are fine, and its not wet under there either :S its real weird...

some 1 want to tell me wat checks r dont on MOT. and how long it ment to take thanks

Smee

I know this is an old post, but ifd anyone has a 2 spare female plug bits of the seatbelts, including bolts, i'd like to buy em.... not been to the local scrappy, but he never has any bravo's in anyway. best i can hope for is a brava, which would do.

just post here if you have any to sell