Technical Seat Belt Installation

Currently reading:
Technical Seat Belt Installation

Gormandav

I am in the final stages of restoration of a 1974 Fiat Spider and am attempting to re-install the original lap belts that came in a part box with the car. It seems simple enough but I am not sure as to how this should be done properly. Each mechanism has a retractor however on the same belt is a second metal bracket where the belt slides through. The second belt has the buckle. I am unable to find any installation guides or videos to help me. Any suggestions? I would also looking for options to update this lap belt mechanism to a more modern & safer 3 point belt system. Has anyone done this and can make some recommendations. Lastly has anyone installed roll bars and could suggest what I could do? Thanks for any and all help - hoping to be mobile and on the road very soon.

Dave

dskrenton

I am in the final stages of restoration of a 1974 Fiat Spider and am attempting to re-install the original lap belts that came in a part box with the car. It seems simple enough but I am not sure as to how this should be done properly. Each mechanism has a retractor however on the same belt is a second metal bracket where the belt slides through. The second belt has the buckle. I am unable to find any installation guides or videos to help me. Any suggestions? I would also looking for options to update this lap belt mechanism to a more modern & safer 3 point belt system. Has anyone done this and can make some recommendations. Lastly has anyone installed roll bars and could suggest what I could do? Thanks for any and all help - hoping to be mobile and on the road very soon.

Dave
Hey, Dave. I'm new to the FiatForum and as I was getting familiar with the site, I came across your query dated, yes, 2016. I inherited a 1974 Fiat Spider (how I wish my dad was still with me instead). I have a lot to learn about it. My Fiat has a rollbar. Like you, I am at a loss as to how to install a modern and safer three-point seat belt system. (Even 1974 Dodge Colts had three-point seat belt systems!) So, it's been six years since your post. Did you figure out how to do so? Any insight you could share would be appreciated.

Dan