General seat belt broken

Currently reading:
General seat belt broken

jonny cinq

My seat belt has snapped at the bottom near the drivers seat :eek:and I was wondering after searching the forum is this a known fault to Fiat or am I and the few its happened to just unlucky !!
Seems strange as I have never known this to happen before even on cars that are a lot older than my 05 mw .

Odd... I think I'd suspect the car had been in a fairly hefty frontal collision causing the seatbelt to give up like that... have you owned the car from new?

I'm in exactly the same position, and I have owned the car from new and never had a parking ding never mind a collision!

my belt is forever getting stuck in the seat adjuster and its frayed badly, got a warning at last service! I've been on the hunt since then for a replacement but it looks like its going to be a dealer part as I cant find a driver side belt for a 5dr anywhere.

Yes the fabric down by the bottom of the seat has worn and then snapped as i turned around to see what my son was doing . Never had this happen before on any car I have owned .

Back