General scuffed wheel trims and bolts

Currently reading:
General scuffed wheel trims and bolts

Chris Windscheffel

Hi I have a 2006 Panda with standard 13" steel wheels and trims. The trims have been curbed and need replacing whilst the fixing bolts have rusted and again need replacing. Can any one please advise on how to acquire these parts?

Hi I have a 2006 Panda with standard 13" steel wheels and trims. The trims have been curbed and need replacing whilst the fixing bolts have rusted and again need replacing. Can any one please advise on how to acquire these parts?

:confused: Dealer or E-Bay? There is plenty choice of aftermarket 13" wheel trims.

If it's the blue Fiat badge ones for a Dynamic model, the part number is 735353733.

As for the bolts, I haven't managed to stop mine from rusting...

As for the bolts, I haven't managed to stop mine from rusting...

if you can't fix it...hide it! caps are your friend............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-Coupe-Ba...|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:200

does the trick a treat:

P1060705.JPG

(y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

A tenner to cover ones nut is extorsionate :p..I would wire brush them and paint them with hammerite first..:bang: and then put the caps back on to cover up the brush marks..:p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
A tenner to cover ones nut is extorsionate :p..I would wire brush them and paint them with hammerite first..:bang: and then put the caps back on to cover up the brush marks..:p

Agreed but the covers will then be seriously tight, especially if the paint ever gets tacky.... for me just wire brush and lightly rust treat, then fit the caps.

Or get the wheel bolts chromed.

Agreed but the covers will then be seriously tight, especially if the paint ever gets tacky.... for me just wire brush and lightly rust treat, then fit the caps.

Or get the wheel bolts chromed.

Dont use the covers just paint your nuts..:bang:

I painted my hub caps as they had been curbed and they look fantastic, and much cheaper than new ones as it only cost a few tins of paint. Sanded of the curbing with a detail sander and some wet and dry. A coat of plastic primer (Plastikote) (halfords plastic filler primer on the really bad ones but to be honest wouldnt bother with it again) a coat of normal acrylic grey primer (simoniz), 3 coats of aluminium paint (car plan colour match aluminium from the motor factors - 4 quid), and 3 coats of clear lacquer (Simoniz). Only prep i did was a bloody good clean down and I taped over the fiat badge with sellotape and cut round it with a knife (someone had obviously tried removing them before and some of the detail was missing from round the edge where it had peeled off the back).

Had a go at wire brushing the nuts but to be honest you could spend all day on one and it would still look naff. Got myself some Audi nut covers off ebay and they look the business, plus as they are plastic they will never rust. Got a couple of bolts from a dealer (Downeys in Newtownards, not my own dealer Mervyn Stewart as he isnt as close as them) as someone had managed to crossthread one of mine (also had to re-tap the hole in the hub ffs) and they were about a fiver each, so if you were buying nuts i would say go for aftermarket ones. Think someone on here sells them btw

Last edited:
Got a couple of bolts from a dealer (Downeys in Newtownards, not my own dealer Mervyn Stewart as he isnt as close as them) as someone had managed to crossthread one of mine (also had to re-tap the hole in the hub ffs) and they were about a fiver each, so if you were buying nuts i would say go for aftermarket ones. Think someone on here sells them btw

I had a crossthread on one of my wheel bolts. Went to Mervyn Stewarts and got one free. ;)

If you want Fiat wheel trims then you'll probably need to go to either a Fiat dealer or Shop4parts. Shop4parts is 10-15% cheaper, but you need to pay for delivery. Although, if you're a paid member on this site then I think you can get an extra 10% (I'm not certain about this though).

Not so sure about wheel caps being my friend... Last time I had a flat wheel in my old car, I couldn't get the blooming things off!
I'd much prefer rusty bolts than not being able to change the wheel...
:p

Here here.

I don't care if my wheel nuts get a bit rusty, so long as they can be removed without them breaking then that's fine by me.

Had to buy a new wheel and wheel trim as I damaged the N/S/F a few weeks ago and had to drive to the scrappies on the space saver wheel.

Eventually found a rim just like the one I had, off a Seichento £10 Bargin (y), wheel trim from Fiat about £20 Rip off (n).

Not so sure about wheel caps being my friend... Last time I had a flat wheel in my old car, I couldn't get the blooming things off! I'd much prefer rusty bolts than not being able to change the wheel... :p

you generally get given a tweezer like tool, keep that in your boot with the jack, job done. at oulton park, louie, rob and i changed all four of mine in about 10 minutes, caps and all

I had a crossthread on one of my wheel bolts. Went to Mervyn Stewarts and got one free. ;)

Its an MS car as well! Couldnt be arsed going to the other side of Belfast mind - particularly the boucher road. Downeys is 10mins away in Ards so much easier, and i wasnt paying anyway lol. Just shows the difference between dealers tho! Not totally surprised mind as I heard Downeys are generally expensive so it will pron be of to Mervyns for servicing in November.

As for the covers got a tweezer tool with mine. Lives in the glovebox and being Audi they come of with ease with the tool but are solid without

Back