General scudo

Currently reading:
General scudo

patpatpat

:) hello all...........have scudo 2L jtd 2002 have starting problem....... will only start if i spray quick start directly into manifold....then starts no probs and drives lovely..............had battery checked and been told glow plugs are ok.............any ideas?

Had same problem is starter motor spinning engine to slowly? that was problem on mine , check engine earth strap as may be wise to test valve clearances if close up
will give low compression
go easy on the quick start it can break piston rings
i work a lot on diesels on plant and have found that out when contracters use it
Regards Dave

I'd heard before about using too much easystart. How/what causes the damage Dave?

Earth strap on mine was on the right of the starter motor under the air filter on gearbox it was rotted away
I think easy start explodes in a diesel rather than burn like diesel !
Regards Dave

I think the easy start burns really hot. I recon it does not have any lubrication properties also... Just a couple of thoughts!!

thanks again have tried 2 find earth strap but have not yet.........so many cables but cant figure out which one......have had it with 3 mechanics but none could figure out prob, lots of theories but none sure......turn over engine just wont start small squirt of quick start and starts and runs ok....when i turn off will only restart up till about 2 mins later turns over but wont kick in......1 out off 20 times it will start without Q start grrr driving me nuts.........

as already explained if not turning over fast enough will not start this also happened on my van got to be turning quite quick

take a jump lead from the earth on the battery and connect it to the engine crane point then start the van, if it starts its an arth fault if it dont........... for the sake of £30 then change the glow plugs

Back