Technical Scudo won't Start

Currently reading:
Technical Scudo won't Start

Scudoman1

Hi all
I'm open to ideas on this one, sensible ones !!. I have a 2001 Scudo JTD which over recent weeks has become more and more reluctant too start especially when cold it also smoked excessively when it did start and also when running it would belch blue smoke to an extent that i would have probably been stopped by the police, It has poor low speed power getting better with speed but still with smoke. I managed to get it to a garage who have had a Peugeot electrical technician look at it. No error codes and every thing with regard to timing is fine, good fuel pressure at the injectors he has suggested some kind of a mechanical problem but its not his area of expertise the only way it will start now is by being towed. Do these engines suffer with valve gear problems?? Cam followers seem to be available from Eurocarparts and other motor factors implying an issue.

Last edited:
How much engine oil is it using?

Hi
It doesn't use any oil or loose any water, The oil and filter are changed regularly every 5000 miles. Its done 139000 Miles

Last edited:
You say lots of smoke out the back. If you cant see the traffic behind from the smoke and you are losing power i say the turbo has or about to spit the dummy.

Back