Technical Scudo Rear Door Lock Barrel

Currently reading:
Technical Scudo Rear Door Lock Barrel

jvafidis

Hi,

The rear (tail) door lock on my van no longer locks- it just turns (rotating lock syndrome). Ive read on similar threads about removing/cleaning or replacing the barrel and have had a go at removing it.

Ive removed the three screw directly behind the handle, taken the square trim off the back door and removed the rod from the inside door handle but cant work out how to remove the rods from the main handle itself- there isnt much room to maneuver.

any advice appreciated.

hi, afraid i can't help you with that as i had the same problem trying to get the lock out. i also had the rotating problem on the passenger door also.

hopefully someone on here can help.

My solution was to buy a central locking kit (£25ish) on ebay and fit it to all the doors.

I have just done the lock on my rear door - the manual in the downloads section tells you how to get it out.
Once it is out it is a case of stripping it down and cleaning it up, its a fiddly job and there are plenty of small parts in there so be careful!
My rear door lock was totally seized and took quite a lot of cleaning up, my drivers door lock wouldn't work at all; the barrel was spinning because the tumbler pins were worn - I swapped some of the parts with some from the passenger door barrel to spread the worn parts beyween them and have got all of the locks working. Well worth having a go, just be careful with the small parts.

Thank you for this- Ive found that page of the workshop manual and will have a go this weekend. I will let you know how I get on.

Hi, I have this same problem, I am new to this site and having trouble finding the workshop manual page. Help please.

The manual is in the downloads section; there is a shortcut on the Scudo forum page. It tells you haw to get the lock out in Vol 1, Bodywork Part 1, Page 11.

Hi. My first post here. I have recently purchased a 52 plate Scudo. Not a bad little van, but in need of some TLC.

I too have the spinning lock problem, but all five of mine were spinning and not working. It's a good job that there was central locking fitted to the front doors and one load area side door! But I can't rely on that. The key didn't look worn, and I had the problem on both supplied keys, and the keys work fine in the ignition and fuel cap

WD40 failed me. I tried soaking one lock as suggested in one post in White spirits and a drop of oil. I did that for three days and no joy.

I went to the Fiat dealer and asked for the cost of new locks. They said £350, but don't bother as the new ones will go the way of the old ones within a few years. At least they were honest!

So in the end I went for a set of after market HYKEEE locks, which claim improved security over the standard ones. If nothing else, they were £100 cheaper than the Fiat ones. It was two or three hours work to fit them. Like any job, the first one was the hardest, but I got faster as I went around them!

Back