Technical Scudo Problems Starting?

Currently reading:
Technical Scudo Problems Starting?

autobrite

Guys recently took a Scudo in over the past few days, nice van and drove well. Drove it for a few miles, Parked at work come to it next morning and it wont start at all!! Turn on ignition and the "STOP" light is flashing on the clocks, turn it over and it simply wont start?? Im buggered as the day before it turned over and ran fine??? Any body know any faults with these? Also the heater blower and temp gauge come on intermittently too? Ive heard that a new ignition switch maybe the cause of these faults?

Many Thanks

Mark:)

There are various possabilitys for this, you really need to get this one one a computer and hopefully get a fault code to point you/us in the right direction.

On mine (2004 2.0JTD) the dash stop light always comes on first thing and goes out when the engine starts.
Intermittent function of the panel would suggest a faulty switch or relay. That might not generate a fault code.
What does the red LED immobiliser light at the front of the dashboard do? It flashes slowly when everything is off. It should go out as you try to start it. If it flashes fast it might be an immobiliser fault.

Hi I'm at a stand still with mine, the red led does not come on or go off at all, also before the engine stopped working it used to buzz under the front right side off the bonnet area and after a few days the battery would go flat, then when the engine failed to start one day the buzzing went? and I noticed no red led on immobiliser ? :bang:

Hi mate I have the exact same problem with mine. I've changed the double relay there are no fault codeds in ecu. The only way I can get it to start is if u cut open the double relay and there are two contact probes inside lift the one on the left side and hold it then try starting again. C if this works

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1390549324.137930.jpg

Back