Technical Scudo non turbo engine swap

Currently reading:
Technical Scudo non turbo engine swap

I have a 1999 1.9D (Non turbo scudo) the engine has seen better days (compression rather low will die soon I fear). I have been offered a 1.8TDI engine from a ford focus estate. Any advice on, if this would work under my bonnete and any advantages or pitfalls thanks

the ford 1.8 would take a massive amount of modifying to fit your van and why would you want to if your engines shot just get another 1.9 you could go for the 1.9 td but i would have thought there alot of differences between the two

I was onlyafter advice as I had been offered the ford engine for FREE. Talking to otherpeople and the bit of advice given here. It sounds like it would be more hassleand quite expensive to try and adapt the engine, so I am going to hold off.When my engine gives up the ghost I will just try and source another 1.9d andjust do a straight swap.

Hi fitted a pug 406 TD engine and gearbox in mine had non turbo dw8 engine before
it said thats! it and chucked a rod had done 260000 so i think it had done its job,
you have to get top engine mount and rear bottom mount to fit the rest is no problem to sort , fitted gearbox has it has a higher dif fitted engine does not rev as
much at motorway speeds 90bhp instead of 70 lot better ?

Back