Technical scudo f5ff and p1164

Currently reading:
Technical scudo f5ff and p1164

kpassmore

2013 2.0 130 scudo The above codes have shown up.

My battery went completely flat and put new battery on reset bsi and the van will run for 5 or 6 mins then die.
Then wont start until some time has passed fuel filter and fuel rail sensor replaced and still the same.
It is starting to **** me off and almost at the weighing it in stage.
tested fuel metering sensor with autel and seems to be working.

Any Ideas???

Thanks Kev.

Possibly fuel pump in tank or power to it .
I have had power to fuel pump relay issues giving power when you turn the key but not when it should be running.
A Doblo I had that various other "experts" had given up on proved to be drawing air from the plastic fuel pipe fittings, though that one was a non turbo pre common rail that used the injector pump to "suck" the fuel all the way from the tank.
On that one I jury rigged a can of fuel on the wing straight to the injector pump and proved it. Though as no return pipe it soon drank all the fuel from the five litre can.

Last edited:
Little update van runs until I switch it off then wont start until I lock and let BSI sleep(mileage display goes out) then unlock it will fire straight up but cuts out when revved lock and open again same again,
I am thinking the BSI could be responsible Any thoughts anyone.
I was told this van doesn't have the in tank fuel pump its part of the high pressure pump.

The f5ff code would seem to indicate BSI issue as you say.
Sounds like a 5 minute job,,,, not!
Hopefully someone on the Forum has come across this. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I bit the bullet and changed the bsi (Brand new £150) so far so good as the bsi that was in was all green inside and filthy fuses corroded etc.
I will keep you informed of what happens and any more problems if I get any.
The auto electrician was gonna charge me £80 for 2 hours but never got back to me so I took a gamble.

I bit the bullet and changed the bsi (Brand new £150) so far so good as the bsi that was in was all green inside and filthy fuses corroded etc.
I will keep you informed of what happens and any more problems if I get any.
The auto electrician was gonna charge me £80 for 2 hours but never got back to me so I took a gamble.
Have you had to do a "proxi alignment" with a diagnostic tool like Snap on Zeus or Fiat Multiscan for the system to recognise the new BSI?

No I used Peugeot planet just to put the security number in and the the same transponders for the keys but it started straight up before I did any of that.
Just got back from, picking the other half up from work and been out about an hour so far so good. I will post a pick of the old BSI.
The green you can see in the 1st pic at the top is the green whatever it is on the negative busbar.

Attachments

• 20220812_203412.jpg
    20220812_203412.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220812_203426.jpg
    20220812_203426.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
No I used Peugeot planet just to put the security number in and the the same transponders for the keys but it started straight up before I did any of that.
Just got back from, picking the other half up from work and been out about an hour so far so good. I will post a pick of the old BSI.
The green you can see in the 1st pic at the top is the green whatever it is on the negative busbar.
I know Peugeot/ Citroen Fiat group "badge engineer a lot, but interesting Peugeot Planet can work on Fiat ECUs . You don't think it was just because it was a new "clean" BSI? Just curious.

Back