General scudo battery light on.

Currently reading:
General scudo battery light on.

daffyd62

Hi Folks,

My 05 Scudo 2.0 has a weird problem,:confused:
the battery warning light came on, so I checked that the drive belt was ok, no loose wires on the altrenator or battery. It then went out, and back on again, I noticed a relay clicking niose from the glovebox area when the light flashed, found 3 relays behind the glovebox (2 green 1 blue), pulled them out, and put them back (no burn marks), the light is now permanently on.
Don't want to believe that it's the alternator, hope that it's just a relay.

Any ideas welcome:bang:

Thanks in advance

Daffy.

Suppose the first thing to check...is the Alternator doing its job to charge the Battery? If you have a multimeter check the voltage across the battery increases when you start the Engine...should read 13-14 volts. No multimeter? Turn headlights on full beam and start the engine, they should dim as it starts and then come back to power. If they do not have the alternator checked out at an auto electricians. I had similar problem...but this was when I took the fuse out for the electric step of my Taxi. I drove to London and back on a Friday afternoon when this light came on....phoning round for an alternator...pleased no one had one since it transpired mine was ok...Phew!

ta for the help, alternator was knackered, only 130quid:cry: and some grazed knuckles...

Back