Technical Scudo anti pollution fault

Currently reading:
Technical Scudo anti pollution fault

dphipp

Hi
I have a 2008 scudo 2.0 multijet which has had the egr valve capped by a garage after 3 replacements !!

This was about 3 years ago and all been well but recently the an anti pollution warning has flashed up ( sometimes with reduced power ) then goes away .

this has happened 5/6 times in the last week , I plugged a code reader in and it shows PO489 and P2143 egr vent open and egr control circuit low
was wondering if these codes are due to it being capped off ?
any help would be appreciated

Cheers

It's weird you only get these faults after years, so I doubt it has anything to do with it.
Those symptoms do ring a bell though: I used to drive a Peugeot 807 2.0 HDI (same platform) for work a decade ago, and one day it developed the symptoms and warning on the display you describe.
It was solved by filling up the emmission control fluid (maybe that's the "egr control circuit low") and replacing the exhaust particle filter.

Isabelle

Hi.
Did you solve your problem, if not then i hope this helps.

I had the antipollutoin error come up on my scudo 2007 2ltr multijet, and read this somewhere:-

Start the van and let it run until it gets to normal temperature, then take it for a good long motorway run for about 30 minutes, keeping the rev counter around 3000 rpm.
After you get back home, leave it until the following day, and it should have cleared the fault.
The problem with these high performance engines is that they do need a good workout every now & then, especially if you do a lot of city or town driving, they tend to get coaked up and needs to get hot enough to clear the ****.

I hope this helps, i take mine for a good run once or twice a month & the anti pollution warning hasnt returned. :)

morning i have a 2007 scudo multijet and i resently installed a pro bliz off paypal but it made car slower and having taken it off it as lost all power can anyone help please

Back