General Scudo airbag seatbelt warning light

Currently reading:
General Scudo airbag seatbelt warning light

gtech10

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with an airbag/seatbelt issue.

I bought an 07 plate Peugeut Expert - new shape (aka Fiat Scudo / Citroen Dispatch). There was some damage to the front of the van including a deployed airbag. I’ve since fixed the van up and replaced the airbag unit with a second hand one.

The problem is that the airbag and seatbelt light is constantly flashing/on. Had a word with a Auto Electrician but seems like it will cost me an arm and a leg to fix.

I couldn’t find any other threads in the forum so I’m hoping someone can offer some advice on what will be the best way to sort this out for a reasonable cost. I can read circuits etc if I had the instructions.

Thanks in advance!

Have you also replaced the seatbelt fastener that was in use at the time of the airbag deployment?

Thanks for getting back to me.

As it happens, I've received a replacement 2nd hand pretensioner (seatbelt fastner) this morning. Not too sure on the procedure to replace it (and help would be gratefully accepted!) and whether I need anything besides that.

Appreciate any advise you can offer.

If its any help, my air-bag warning light came on after I changed the dash lights...lazy sod that I am I ignored it till I could get one of those "Roundtuites". But it dissaperared all on its own after 3 days...???

have you re programmed the ecu ?? in other words reset it because at the moment it is sitting with a deployed air bag in it and will need to be reset

I had exactly the same problem on my55 plate, it pissed me right off, mate in the AA told me to check the wires from the seatbelt & next minute it was gone! Strange.

If its any help, my air-bag warning light came on after I changed the dash lights...lazy sod that I am I ignored it till I could get one of those "Roundtuites". But it dissaperared all on its own after 3 days...???
Bugger me! it come on again and been on for the last 2 days ???:bang:

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with an airbag/seatbelt issue.

I bought an 07 plate Peugeut Expert - new shape (aka Fiat Scudo / Citroen Dispatch). There was some damage to the front of the van including a deployed airbag. I’ve since fixed the van up and replaced the airbag unit with a second hand one.

The problem is that the airbag and seatbelt light is constantly flashing/on. Had a word with a Auto Electrician but seems like it will cost me an arm and a leg to fix.

I couldn’t find any other threads in the forum so I’m hoping someone can offer some advice on what will be the best way to sort this out for a reasonable cost. I can read circuits etc if I had the instructions.

Thanks in advance!

Will have crash data in ecu, requires replacement

you can only re use (re-write) if the pre-tensioners only have detonated, if the drivers airbag has denonated the ECU (as mal says) needs replaced. This is standard across most of the industry.

you can only re use (re-write) if the pre-tensioners only have detonated, if the drivers airbag has denonated the ECU (as mal says) needs replaced. This is standard across most of the industry.
In my case, nothing has detonated...no accident or anything that may set them off. All I have done is change the bulbs in the dash. The "stop" flashed on and off for an hour or so-then went out when it should. Then the Airbag light came on....went out after 2 days...but a day later came on and has been on since.

Back