General Scudo 2015 wont start

Currently reading:
General Scudo 2015 wont start

GrannyDot

I have a fiat scudo 2015 i usually put diesel in from local garage but the garage didn't have any so i put fuel in the car at supermarket.
It ran ok before and during that day but next day the car ran for 10min then cut out.
wont start now hubby changed the fuel filter it was a little dirty , it was changed a year ago.
it just turns over and over we have bleed the air out of system, good compression,

code ready says Johnson EV Body computer F303 fault

can you help us find out what that code means

Attachments

• IMG_6367[1].JPG
    IMG_6367[1].JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_6369[1].JPG
    IMG_6369[1].JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 50
I have a fiat scudo 2015 i usually put diesel in from local garage but the garage didn't have any so i put fuel in the car at supermarket.
It ran ok before and during that day but next day the car ran for 10min then cut out.
wont start now hubby changed the fuel filter it was a little dirty , it was changed a year ago.
it just turns over and over we have bleed the air out of system, good compression,

code ready says Johnson EV Body computer F303 fault

can you help us find out what that code means
Don't know if this will help, but found on Peugeot Forum (badge engineered Scudo), it sounds like whilst trying to sort original non starting issue may have created this. Someone familiar with Fiat Multi ecuscan MES may be able to advise.:-

Peugeot Forum:-
Those faults sound like they relate to the BSI. The FD86 fault would seem to suggest that the electronic architecture has not been defined (ECO or FULL) and the other F303 on is a non-specific BSI fault. F303 may indicate that the BSI or another ECU has gone into Secure mode (locked) or similar.
So I can only assume these have happened if somebody has connected some diagnostic kit up to the car and changed something intentionally or not to the BSI.
Until the problem is rectified, as the BSI is the main computer in the vehicle that talks and controls to a greater degree all the other ECUs. you may very well start seeing multiple electric failures or system warnings, so be very wary of this.

Don't know if this will help, but found on Peugeot Forum (badge engineered Scudo), it sounds like whilst trying to sort original non starting issue may have created this. Someone familiar with Fiat Multi ecuscan MES may be able to advise.:-

Peugeot Forum:-
Those faults sound like they relate to the BSI. The FD86 fault would seem to suggest that the electronic architecture has not been defined (ECO or FULL) and the other F303 on is a non-specific BSI fault. F303 may indicate that the BSI or another ECU has gone into Secure mode (locked) or similar.
So I can only assume these have happened if somebody has connected some diagnostic kit up to the car and changed something intentionally or not to the BSI.
Until the problem is rectified, as the BSI is the main computer in the vehicle that talks and controls to a greater degree all the other ECUs. you may very well start seeing multiple electric failures or system warnings, so be very wary of this.
Thanks can i ask what bsi is?

Thanks can i ask what bsi is?
Basically the same as BCM body computer as opposed to the ECU (engine control unit) It can be part of the fuse and relay box depending on model of vehicle. On my daughters Punto Evo the BCM was a square box under the front of the centre consol which controlled Air bags and seat sensors etc. amongst other things. Obviously this needs diagnosing, but also I would run some of the fuel into a clean container and inspect it for any more dirt plus any other contamination, water, petrol etc. Another thing you could check on local media is if any other drivers had got fuel there recently and broken down.
Years ago my accountant had a problem with a filling station filling filling his Jag with diesel but from a petrol pump, I sorted his car and he went back to the filling station to complain, the first words they said were "how far did you get?", they had cars breaking down all over the place.:(

BSI = Built-in Systems Interface

The BSI unit is basically a computer which handles a multitude of functions such as odometer value, central locking, lights and immobiliser.

Last edited:
Basically the same as BCM body computer as opposed to the ECU (engine control unit) It can be part of the fuse and relay box depending on model of vehicle. On my daughters Punto Evo the BCM was a square box under the front of the centre consol which controlled Air bags and seat sensors etc. amongst other things. Obviously this needs diagnosing, but also I would run some of the fuel into a clean container and inspect it for any more dirt plus any other contamination, water, petrol etc. Another thing you could check on local media is if any other drivers had got fuel there recently and broken down.
Years ago my accountant had a problem with a filling station filling filling his Jag with diesel but from a petrol pump, I sorted his car and he went back to the filling station to complain, the first words they said were "how far did you get?", they had cars breaking down all over the place.:(

BSI = Built-in Systems Interface

The BSI unit is basically a computer which handles a multitude of functions such as odometer value, central locking, lights and immobiliser.
Can you tell me where the BSI unit is on my Scudo 2014 Ta

Can you tell me where the BSI unit is on my Scudo 2014 Ta
Others may be able to advise you better, all I can find is this.
However I would advise on the basis of what you have initially described, personally I would first check that the original fuel issue has been fixed correctly and then ask either a MES member on forum ( Fiat multiecu scan diagnostic user) or a Fiat qualified technician to diagnose the fault as simply fitting a BSI unit will only add to your problems without proper diagnosis. Without knowing fully what was done at the time when you first had the dodgy fuel issue regarding any electrical diagnose at the time or connecting different diagnostic tools it may have affected the immobiliser side of the BSI in which case a good auto locksmith may be able to reprogram it, but until fully diagnosed it is hard to tell.
1679676981261.png

Others may be able to advise you better, all I can find is this.
However I would advise on the basis of what you have initially described, personally I would first check that the original fuel issue has been fixed correctly and then ask either a MES member on forum ( Fiat multiecu scan diagnostic user) or a Fiat qualified technician to diagnose the fault as simply fitting a BSI unit will only add to your problems without proper diagnosis. Without knowing fully what was done at the time when you first had the dodgy fuel issue regarding any electrical diagnose at the time or connecting different diagnostic tools it may have affected the immobiliser side of the BSI in which case a good auto locksmith may be able to reprogram it, but until fully diagnosed it is hard to tell.
View attachment 420546
do you know how to reset the BSI ?

Back