Screw sars or nuclear waste!

Currently reading:
Screw sars or nuclear waste!

Venters

bairns, not bombs.
Whilst reading one of the latest editions of New Scientist more specific september 2008.
I came across an story about dihydrogen monoxide.

I think it's something everyone should be made aware of.
This is just a small copy and paste from http://www.dhmo.org/ A group dedicated to increasing public knowledge of the hazards of this ubiquitous pollutant.

I should also point out the below is not suspected but proven scientific fact.

Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

* Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
* Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
* Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
* DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
* Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
* Contributes to soil erosion.
* Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
* Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
* Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
* Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
* Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
* Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

I think it's fairly obvious to anyone who has an interest in life and our planet how potentialy dangerous this stuff can be.

Last edited:
New Scientist is a load of scaremongering. If we did everything they suggested we would all be living in caves.

But yeah this dihydrogen stuff sounds dangerous! we should all try to take samples and send them in for testing IMO. I dont fancy dying from inhaling this stuff one bit (n)

That website also lists these facts

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

LOL

Last edited:
Was just wondering when they'd try and ban oxygen too....did you know it feeds fires allows the formation of rust, contributes to the green house effect (so does rain actually lets ban that too) and is poisonous to humans...

by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted DHMo_Org to vehemently deny such use),
by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,

Just lost all it's credability IMHO. Just scaremongering.. dunno what dhmo.org are trying to achieve but they certainly have an agenda.

There seemed to be a lot of words and not much substance on that site. For instance it didn't seem to say why 2 groups as diametrically opppsed as the Ku Klux Klan and the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People should use it and for what purpose?

There seemed to be a lot of words and not much substance on that site. For instance it didn't seem to say why 2 groups as diametrically opppsed as the Ku Klux Klan and the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People should use it and for what purpose?

Because it's everybodys planet.
The fact organisations as diverse as these are involved just brings more credibility to the subject.

Just as a test, I drank some mixed with 5% alcohol last night and I was constantly going to the toilet and felt dizzy. Felt dreadful this morning. That's proof enough for me how bad that stuff is. Never again.

Back