General Scrapyard scavenging today....

Currently reading:
General Scrapyard scavenging today....

Well me and Giacosa made it to the scrapyard today, and managed to take apart a steering rack but couldnt get it off the car :(. Giacosa came down in a strange looking panda (said Ford ka on it ;)), and i managed to get the indicator screws for pandarus (3 in total), but sadly i couldnt get the seat off the 750 for Steve as the car has been crushed since last week :cry:. We spent all day pulling off bits (i got two door hinges) and then we drove around the A19 so i could demonstrate the selecta :).

All in all, a good day (y)

Alan.D said:
Did you remove the UJ bolt ?

Glad you had a good day, I love messin about in scrap yards (y)

Best to ask Giacosa about what was removed, as he was the one who undid the steering/hubs.

and i love going to scrappies, as you never know what will turn up :)

R.I.P poor little panda :(

DSC004141.JPG

christopher watson said:

When I raided mine for alternators I had quite a fun time. The best moment was when my brother found a Panda (black 903 Dance) tucked away in a corner, and shouted "I'VE FOUND A PANDA!". Sadly didn't have the exact part I was after, but if I ever need a bumper, replacement light lenses or other bits I know exactly where to go. :)

It's a shame the white Panda got crushed. They must be extremely short for space!

christopher watson said:
Best to ask Giacosa about what was removed, as he was the one who undid the steering/hubs.

The steering shaft has two 13 mm nuts & two 10mm bolts holding it in position and in front of that in the footwell is a UJ that connects the steering shaft to the steering rack. Once you undo the shaft it only takes one more bolt out of the UJ to remove. If you remove the one on the shaft side it stays on the car, if you remove the one on the Rack side you can take it away.

Festers have a simmilar unit and the UJ often siezes causing heavy steering but I don't think the Panda has that problem cause it's inside the car whereas the festers is outside.

If u ever see a Blue selecta coming up behind in the newcastle area... Move over!! :D It IS faster.
As for the steering rack we undid all the UJs and the clamp bolts but it had some sort of flexible mount in the centre of the rack that kept snagging it. Manual doesnt mention it and isnt there on earlier Pandas. I was thinking if you want a seat Steve I can get one in Edinburgh. A 750 there has perfect set of seats. :)

I think its prob diffrent. But any excuse t c a Panda nut so when the faults have been fixed I will have t take you for drive in Princess :)

Back