01819a.jpg

Panda (Classic) Scrappy the 1988 Panda 4X4

Introduction

Scrappy (where the car should be according to my wife) is 28k mile 4X4 that I got from Halifax.

Parked in a garage in 1998 after being serviced and filled with 7 gallons(!) of Waxoyl, Scrappy slept on until January this year.

With help from a couple of the Panda (Classic) team, I was pointed in Scrappy's direction and after a couple of false starts and haggling by phone, Scrappy was purchased.

Scrappy will be my daily driver for at least 6 months of the year, so expect updates for everything that stops working, siezes and falls off.
Good to meet you both at Brooklands (y)

That's one special Panda you have there, pleased to see you're taking care of him. I just wish you hadn't told me what you paid for him. :p

Good to meet you both at Brooklands (y)

That's one special Panda you have there, pleased to see you're taking care of him. I just wish you hadn't told me what you paid for him. :p

It was a pleasure to put a face to a name and to meet the family. I'm sure we'll be visiting you soon for ideas, advice and try to stop Bill buying all your projects :eek:

Had to improvise today. The jack bought for my VX220 was a bit short to get Scrappy's wheels off the floor :eek:

New alternator belt fitted, wheels rotated and brakes checked all round.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
Visited @It's broken again today and he kindly found me:

- 4X4 Fuel tank
- Dash switch group
- 2 new front wheel bearing
- 2 nearly new drums
- 2 speaker pods
- New windscreen rubber
- New intake grill thingy

and he made me a lovely cup of tea (y)

Fergus deigned to join us for atrip to the Alton Bus Rally (thanks for the suggestion Vernon). What a great event.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Scrappy was broken out of his Summer snooze today for some updates before he takes over as my daily driver for the Winter.

I need some power (phone, Sat Nav, blah, blah) and the cigarette lighter wasn't working. After scratched knuckles and a lot of swearing I did this...

Attachments

• Scrappy Power 01.jpg
    Scrappy Power 01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • Scrappy Power 02.jpg
    Scrappy Power 02.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
Scrappy was broken out of his Summer snooze today for some updates before he takes over as my daily driver for the Winter.

I need some power (phone, Sat Nav, blah, blah) and the cigarette lighter wasn't working. After scratched knuckles and a lot of swearing I did this...

You MUST tell us how you did it!
Plus parts list for the project [emoji16]

I finally got around to fitting Scrappy's DAB radio (Christmas present) today. I need some spade connectors to connect the new speakers, so that's tomorrow's task.

I'm using the free NOS OEM aerial from my local Fiat Garage ("the boss told me to throw it away, but I thought it might come in handy..."). It's fine for AM/FM.

The next job is to fit the DAB aerial, which means the roof lining has to come out (following Vernon's excellent guidance), so I'll fit the NOS roof rack at the same time.

Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit so I can sort out some of the greasy bits...

I tidied up Scrappy's ICE today, lengthening some power cables to make things fit a little better. I'm going to sit down in front of the rugby and try to figure out where I can hide the hands free microphone cable...

Attachments

• ICE before.jpg
    ICE before.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
  • ICE after.jpg
    ICE after.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
  • DAB radio.jpg
    DAB radio.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
Back