General Scrappies in the East Midlands

Currently reading:
General Scrappies in the East Midlands

goneleft

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone new any good brakers for cinqs around the EM I need new shocks and springs all round i think. My cars got a terrible lead to the drivers side and its affecting tyre wear and handling?
My post code is LE113PZ if it helps.

And i know it varies from place to place and the mialge of the donor. But how much should i look at paying for all 4 corners froma sporting?
Cheers

Ive got a spare set of springs from a Sporting - in Manc, but Im in Leics most of the time!

hmm ill have a think about the springs. but if it is like fingers suggests and a wish bone is knackered how do i tell? Will there be cracking or bending etc?
Cheers

Put it on a stand with the front wheels off the deck and tug on the wishbone: there are two bushes on there: if you can feel any substantial movement, it's knackered. You'll have to buy a new one:at least you get a new bottom ball joint with it.

The other thing it could be is a really bad top mount: if you can push on the bottom of the strut and see any movement at the top, it's done for.

Lean isn't uncommon on these cars (just swap the suspension units over) but it doesn't usually cause tyre wear or handling issues.

Hmm I'll check tonight. It sits lower both the front and rear drivers side by a noticable amount (maybe 20mm). When turning left at aveage speed it will hit a point and the handling will get quite floaty and there'll suddenly be oversteer. Turning to the right its fine.
Cheers

Back