General Scraping Sound :(

Currently reading:
General Scraping Sound :(

badderscoach

When i put the full lock on, either way, i get a scraping sound as though something metal is catching on something else metal! Had a look underneath and neither of the wheels seem to be catching on anything else. Only happens on full lock.

Anyone out there any ideas?

Brakes are fine. No noise whatsoever. Scraping sound only when i'm making a left turn with full lock on which is usually at slow speeds. Do sometimes get small squeaking sounds at any speed but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to this! May or may not be related. No squeak when i get the scraping sound though.

You need a flat surface put it on full lock and rock the car on full lock back and forward from underneath, and try and see what might be causing the sound. Axxess is not easy

If you jack it up the suspendion will alter but car ramps at front and axle stands at the rear should allow a close viewing, in normal state.

You need to check the drive shafts, wheel bearings and ball joints for play jacked up, they should be the same left to right.

Noel

Check the easy things first, is the disc stone guard touching anything? You can tweak them away about 5mm and try again. One of mine was out of place but it only became noticable (with a scraping noise) when at full lock in one direction.

Back