General Scraping Noise when turning right.

Currently reading:
General Scraping Noise when turning right.

cordless

Hi Guys and Gals

This is only my second post as so far my Stilo hasn't had any problems (touch wood) and the first was only a busted CD Multi-changer, which wasnt a major issue but I have to say that the advice received was excellant, so thanks!

My Stilo was born, May 2002, 1.8 3dr Dynamic, met. paint, alloys, climate pack, sunshine roof etc which I bought from work at a very good price for a car that was only a year old!

Anyway, I've started to notice that when I am turning sharp right, especially going round big roundabouts, I get a horrible scraping noise that sounds like bare metal on bare metal which sounds like it is coming from the passenger side front. Ive checked the car all over and nothing seems to be rubbing or loose that I can see!

So.... before I contact my helpful Fiat dealer I was wondering if you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Cordless :)

sounds like front wheels are scrubbing. You havent knocked it out of track have you??

I know that on my sei if you knock them the slightest it sends the wheels way out and they start to scrap.

Take it too a wheel place with tracking and wheel alligment facilities and see what they say

Seicento Sporting,
Modified Front Bumper,
GT Wing Roof Spoiler - NOW STOLEN,
Abarth Side Skirts,
4" Powerflow Exhaust System,
Abarth 14" Alloys.

IN THE PIPELINE:
Bad Boy Bonnet,
New Spoiler,
De-locked Boot & Doors,
Afterburner Lights
-40mm Drop

Check out my site: http://badboygaz.mysite.freeserve.com

could be brakes? for some reason when my pads are about to go they only make noise when you're turning

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX, wish it'd clean itself!

I spoke to my Fiat dealer yesterday who also suggested that it could be the brakes but I only had the car serviced 6 weeks ago so thought that they should have let me know if the brakes were in need of changing in the near future!

So, at the weekend I'm gona take the car to get the tracking checked as suggested and have the brakes checked at the sametime. If the car is still making the scraping noise when turning then I will take it to Fiat on Monday/Tuesday so as they can have a look at it.

Will let you know the outcome........

Well, took the car to fiat at the weekend who had a quick look and told me that something had been rubbing on the inner rim and suggested that possibly the tracking was out! so i took the car to get the tracking done which was infact out but only very slightly. Having paid £43 for the 4w alignment I then find that the car is still making the scraping noise as I turn right, so its back to Fiat again today!

Back