Technical Schumacher gp pro edition

Currently reading:
Technical Schumacher gp pro edition

schumigirl

Hi I lost all power yesterday when driving home on the motorway car overheating light came on then lost all power.
Today trying to turn it on and all sorts of warning messages are displayed on screen no abs no ars nothing. I've tried putting water in it and it's just coming back from underneath the car. Checked engine no milky residue nothing so don't think that the head gaskets gone just don't know why it's not starting now. Can anyone help.

There is full coolant loss as soon as I put water in its coming straight out from underneath I can't quite locate where. Battery is only 6 months old.?

I think the head gasket is blown, you say it was overheating and then lost power... You could have saved it by pulling over when the coolant needle was over 3/4, but when the light comes one it usually means big trouble :cry:

Repair is expensive, new head gasket needed and the cilinder head needs to be checked for flatness. :(

There is full coolant loss as soon as I put water in its coming straight out from underneath I can't quite locate where. Battery is only 6 months old.?

Hi,
back to basics;

locate water leak..a blown HG will Normally dump water into the engine cylinders - NOT on the ground

I suspect a Radiator hose/ water pump.

water pump is under the black plastic cover Bottom RHS of engine;)

it's quite possible if you've blown a hose that water will be in all kinds of normally dry places - including covering battery , and into fusebox / wiring

1, locate leak source = slowly put 1 litre of tap water into coolant reservoir,
you'll be able to locate problem
2, disconnect battery , check it's charge, and then charge for at least 4 hours
3, check other major electrics for water ingress ( fusebox)

let us know what you find,

Charlie - Oxford

I'll try that charlie thank you. I did pull straight over as soon as the warning came on the dash so I don't think I did any more damage. I did call my mechanic but he absolutely hates my car as it's a fiat so I think I'm gonna have to do the work myself. I'll get back to you on how it's gone. Thank you again .

Back