Tuning Schumacher/abarth tuning

Currently reading:
Tuning Schumacher/abarth tuning

ScottyP

Does anyone know if there are ways to tune the motor and would it affect my warranty?
I really want to get rid of the standard exhaust, it looks naff and doesn't make enough sound, the 5 cylinder motor sounds good but it's just too quiet.

Also GSR engineering should be able to help you he is a member of this forum look up the members list for Oldschool and send him a PM his name is Peter tell him Phil sent you the good looking one with the Beard :rolleyes: :D

PNL said:
Also GSR engineering should be able to help you he is a member of this forum look up the members list for Oldschool and send him a PM his name is Peter tell him Phil sent you the good looking one with the Beard :rolleyes: :D

I always thought you are the good looking one Phil.;)

I had a look at the exhaust on the 2.4 yesterday and do now understand where the black hole is. The output should be considerably higher as I always thought. The cat is cramped in there in a sickening way. Unfortunately Supersprint doesn't offer anything at the moment, but is happy to do a system if we send a car to Italy for four weeks. We are also discussing with some other people a solution. Depending on the interest we will be supplying a solution soon.

Unfortunately we couldn't do a lot of work on the 2.4 because we couldn't get a non Selespeed model yet. Problem with the Selespeed is that it can't be knocked out of gear above 40km/h, which doesn't give us exact flywheel figures. Calculating the losses wasn't an option because of the varying drag losses with different temperatures.

As soon as a car is available we will do much more work on the 2.4. Currently we are working on the induction system and looking into the re-profiling/production of cams.

Oldschool said:
I always thought you are the good looking one Phil.;)

I had a look at the exhaust on the 2.4 yesterday and do now understand where the black hole is. The output should be considerably higher as I always thought. The cat is cramped in there in a sickening way. Unfortunately Supersprint doesn't offer anything at the moment, but is happy to do a system if we send a car to Italy for four weeks. We are also discussing with some other people a solution. Depending on the interest we will be supplying a solution soon.

Unfortunately we couldn't do a lot of work on the 2.4 because we couldn't get a non Selespeed model yet. Problem with the Selespeed is that it can't be knocked out of gear above 40km/h, which doesn't give us exact flywheel figures. Calculating the losses wasn't an option because of the varying drag losses with different temperatures.

As soon as a car is available we will do much more work on the 2.4. Currently we are working on the induction system and looking into the re-profiling/production of cams.

:woot: told you the mans a bloody wizard :worship:

ScottyP said:
Had a look on the angletuning website, £510+vat is a lot of money for 17BHP extra. Plus £300 for a rear box.

Has anyone done this to their car? Is it worth it?

Found this on my travels
http://www.ragazzon.it/data/ImgMarmitte/58.0061.26.jpg

I know mine is only the 1.6 but Power flow could make you a custom build cat back system with the exhaust note to suit you mine cost me £270 total and has increased the performance and flexibility of the engine as for the remap /induction ect it will be worth your while waiting for Oldschool I am currently waiting for the nod from him for my live remap and induction kit and was told that its not to far off completion so In your case a little wait could be well worth while to :slayer:

Scotty doing owt other than puttin ome will void warranty.
17bhp is the best they will beable to get out of it.170 is std,so say yours pumps out 180 now std you'll only get about 7ish more not 17bhp on top of yout 180,pants aint it?
Ive found most restictions on modern engines tend to be either manifold or mid section of exhaust system.

Old school PM me and i can give u my results that i got with mine tho It had only done 600miles at the time with it feelin tight still.

Last edited:
Back