Scam or woman in distress? What do you think?

Currently reading:
Scam or woman in distress? What do you think?

So, I just received this eMail from a clearly distressed lady who needs my help - I have a feeling this may be a scam but you make your own mind up!!

(I think it may be a scam as she has addressed it to sir/madam but know's my profile).............

Dear sir/madam,

Good day.After going through your profile,I decided to solicitate for your help.However,it is not mandatory to you to honour my request.

I am Cynthia Nelker ,26 years old from Liberia and a university undergraduate .I am the only child of my late parents Mr.and Mrs. Gabriel Nelker .My father was a highly reputable business magnet-(a cocoa merchant) who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days.

It is sad to say that he passed away after been poisoned during his last business trip,on the 8th May 2006.Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle who was also his business partner and who travelled with him at that time.

My mother died when I was just 4 years old,and since then my father took me so special(as his only child) and refused not to marry again.

Few hours before his death, he(my late father) called my attention and told me all about a fund ($7.500,000) which he deposited in a security company in Ivory Coast.

He also told me that the security company does not know the content of the box, that He decleared it as family treasure .He strictly urged me to seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this fund and use it for investment purposes.

I'm therefore pleading you to assist me in clearing this box from the security company by stepping to the security company and presenting yourself as my business parthner and then transfering the fund inside the box into your account overseas , after which we will arrange to meet so as to go together to your country and use the fund for investments.

Dearest one,I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

May God bless you.

My sincere regards,
Cynthia Nelker

what utter b o l l o c k s.

sorry but you would have to be pretty stupid to believe that!

So, I just received this eMail from a clearly distressed lady who needs my help - I have a feeling this may be a scam but you make your own mind up!!

(I think it may be a scam as she has addressed it to sir/madam but know's my profile).............

Dear sir/madam,

Good day.After going through your profile,I decided to solicitate for your help.However,it is not mandatory to you to honour my request.

I am Cynthia Nelker ,26 years old from Liberia and a university undergraduate .I am the only child of my late parents Mr.and Mrs. Gabriel Nelker .My father was a highly reputable business magnet-(a cocoa merchant) who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days.

It is sad to say that he passed away after been poisoned during his last business trip,on the 8th May 2006.Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle who was also his business partner and who travelled with him at that time.

My mother died when I was just 4 years old,and since then my father took me so special(as his only child) and refused not to marry again.

Few hours before his death, he(my late father) called my attention and told me all about a fund ($7.500,000) which he deposited in a security company in Ivory Coast.

He also told me that the security company does not know the content of the box, that He decleared it as family treasure .He strictly urged me to seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this fund and use it for investment purposes.

I'm therefore pleading you to assist me in clearing this box from the security company by stepping to the security company and presenting yourself as my business parthner and then transfering the fund inside the box into your account overseas , after which we will arrange to meet so as to go together to your country and use the fund for investments.

Dearest one,I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

May God bless you.

My sincere regards,
Cynthia Nelker

this sounds like a scam on the news a couple of nights ago they had loads of similar stories going on all scams dont reply and change your passwords etc most of the scams reported were coming in from jamaica.

Why is everyone asking about scams now? is it in fashion? Have you honestly not heard about these before? did you recently get your first email account? did you recently just get online?
:yeahthat:

Maybe we should start posting the contents of our email inbox everyday as well, it would soon get boring, lol - are people really that gullible?

Dear sir/madam,

May God bless you.

My sincere regards,
Cynthia Nelker

Please take the PC back to where you bought it from before you lose your house!

you get no money from them so it isnt money laundering, the money doesnt exist, they just want you to pay the 'security company' an admin fee of a few thousand pounds. they they're gone and so is your money.

i remember a tv programme where an oap paid a few thousand and then waited patiently for more than a year for the millions to arrive, bless.

It must be true, after all, her dad was a magnet!:D - a reputable business magnet.

It's really strange, but as I was reading the OP I couldn't really take it all in as other words were trotting through my head...

(sing along if you know the tune)
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and scam; egg bacon and scam; egg bacon sausage and scam; scam bacon sausage and scam; scam egg scam scam bacon and scam; scam sausage scam scam bacon scam tomato and scam;
Vikings: Scam scam scam scam...
Waitress: ...scam scam scam egg and scam; scam scam scam scam scam scam baked beans scam scam scam...
Vikings: Scam! Lovely scam! Lovely scam!
Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and scam.
Wife: Have you got anything without scam?
Waitress: Well, there's scam egg sausage and scam, that's not got much scam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY scam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon scam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got scam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much scam in it as scam egg sausage and scam, has it?
Vikings: Scam scam scam scam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon scam and sausage without the scam then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like scam!
Vikings: Lovely scam! Wonderful scam!
Waitress: Shut up!
Vikings: Lovely scam! Wonderful scam!
Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon scam and sausage without the scam.
Wife: I don't like scam!
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your scam. I love it. I'm having scam scam scam scam scam scam scam baked beans scam scam scam and scam!
Vikings: Scam scam scam scam. Lovely scam! Wonderful scam!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her scam instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean scam scam scam scam scam scam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
Vikings: Scam scam scam scam. Lovely scam! Wonderful scam! Scam sca-a-a-a-a-am scam spa-a-a-a-a-am scam. Lovely scam! Lovely scam! Lovely scam! Lovely scam! Lovely scam! Scam scam scam scam!

One of my all time faves from the python team. I bought this on a two disk set (7") for "only 99 new pennies". Songs are Bruces song, lumberjack song, Erik the half bee and spam song.
I've since got the spam song on LP along with a few python soundtracks.
A fantastic team, sheer brilliance, very clever - unlike many modern comedy sketches the pythons used their intelligence, wit & observations of life to amuse as opposed to swearing all the time.

One image comes to my mind when reading that...

george.jpg

Awe, 'comon guy's it was only posted to kick off some light hearted banter........ :eek:

Just to set the record straight, I had figured out it was a scam but was so amazed at the bad grammar I thought I would share it, no I have not just created my first eMail account or bought my first PC - I have been in the IT industry for 15 years now and started with green screens and DOS prompts!, its not trendy to talk about scams - just topical, and I have never been scammed out of money - well apart from the legal scam where the tax man takes 40% of my earnings each month...............

Back