Off Topic Say hello to my little seicento

Currently reading:
Off Topic Say hello to my little seicento

Nimsey Seicento

Hello everyone :wave: I am a complete newbie to seicento's and forums :eek: please go easy on me my car lingo is a bit rusty :p

From the get go I wanted a Fiat Seicento 1.1 Sporting they were small, nippy and relatively low insurance, tax and mot and would get me from A to B. But i also wanted a project, a car i could make my own as this is 'technically' my first car (was originally insured on someone else's car for 3 years because i'm cool like that lol :cool:).

Riffled though all the site that sold cars and after 4 failed 'sorry its sold' attempts i found the awesome seicento 1.1 sporting 1 hour ish away from me with only 23.000 miles on the clock :eek:. Rushed down there the next day and the dealer ship had parked it right next to a industrial bin ...:mad: Although my other half thought it was quite amusing i told the guy nicely to move the car :LOL:. Test drove it, loved it and brought it the same day. :woot:

So without further ado say hello to my little seicento :)

Seicento_zpszomjmw3k.jpg

My list so far of what i need and want to do:

• Under seal the under belly of my car as they have started to spread salt again and its not even given snow :shakehead: *sigh*
  • Replace front window wipers, I hope it doesn't rain too much although it is England :p
  • New fog lights as they have oxidized
  • buy some new spark plugs (when i quickly press the acceleration peddle on and off i get a judder not smooth revs i think its something to do with the spark plugs at least or it might just be that i'm stupid and it does that anyway)
  • Get some injector cleaner 'redex' if anyone knows of anything better please don't hesitate to recommend it to me :)
  • Need to buy some marine grease preferably one with a calcium based thickener as it acts as an anti-corrosive too (y)
  • Find a better fix to the heater (I think) pipe rubbing.
  • Find out what the disconnected pipes are in my engine bay :confused: (will post pics up of these soon I really have no idea what they are and i cant look in a hains manual they don't do one)

I am 100% sure this list will get bigger the more I inspect the car lol.

If there is anything you think I might need to get or do to my little seicento please feel free to comment and or recommend and thank you for viewing my first post thread thingy :)

looks like a tidy little motor how much was it if you don't mind me asking because i'm thinking of getting one for my wife as a run-about (keeps her off mine)

Nice scarface title. Looks nice, is she mpi or spi, I am not overly familiar with seis. Post some pics of you're disconnected pipes, someone will answer in a jif.

If she has only done 23000 from new, I would assume it's been standing for a bit. Get a couple of tanks of fuel through it, you may find it clears up any faults itself. I have always been suspicious of injector cleaner. It is such a small amount of liquid in a full tank.

Under seal is a good idea, although they are not nearly as bad as the fiats of old, time and rust goblins aren't kind to these little cars. Pay particular attention to jacking points and corners. Any holes in chassis rails etc are worth a wire brush and a squirt to. Oh and along the back side of the sill.

Lastly welcome to the world of small fiats, once you've turned to the dark side there is no going back. (y)

....cant look in a hains manual they don't do one....
There is a workshop manual you can download from this site, or get it on a Disc off eBay.

Bit confused by this car -logically it doesn't exist:shrug:
In the photo's it looks like Athena Blue -Sportings weren't available in that colour ....but it's got Sporting bumpers, wheels etc!! So is it a SX with bits added or a Sporting that's had a paint job :confused:
Have you checked the plate on the L/H boot floor just to make sure it is what it is?
A Sporting versions should be: 187AXC 1A 02B.
S or SX models: 187AXC 1A 02

looks like a tidy little motor how much was it if you don't mind me asking because i'm thinking of getting one for my wife as a run-about (keeps her off mine)

Hi doggybob thanks for viewing my post :)

All in all it was £1,500 but that was including tax and MOT and a very cheeky £99 dealer ship fee they like to add on there when you get nice and comfy in their chair's so around the £1,200 mark for the car. (but with a dealer ship you do get 3 months warranty and added extras if you want them)

They can range from £700 (for a alright condition car 50K + on the clock) to £2,000.

Tax was £99 and insurance for me was £710 (£500 excess) that was with no no claims and my other half on the insurance :)

I would seriously recommend these little seicento's for a run-around as it was geared for urban areas and does very well on fuel as i put in £20 (takes the fuel gauge just past half way from nearly empty) and has only just passed the quarter of a tank line after a week and a half and you can fit into any car parking space :cool:. (word of warning acceleration pedal is very light beware of heavy footedness lol)

Hope this helps if you want any other info don't hesitate to ask (y)

Nice scarface title. Looks nice, is she mpi or spi, I am not overly familiar with seis. Post some pics of you're disconnected pipes, someone will answer in a jif.

If she has only done 23000 from new, I would assume it's been standing for a bit. Get a couple of tanks of fuel through it, you may find it clears up any faults itself. I have always been suspicious of injector cleaner. It is such a small amount of liquid in a full tank.

Under seal is a good idea, although they are not nearly as bad as the fiats of old, time and rust goblins aren't kind to these little cars. Pay particular attention to jacking points and corners. Any holes in chassis rails etc are worth a wire brush and a squirt to. Oh and along the back side of the sill.

Lastly welcome to the world of small fiats, once you've turned to the dark side there is no going back. (y)

Thank you for the view Huwbishop :)

can't beat a bit of scarface (y) and thanks. I think its is MPI but not quiet sure i will investigate that soon as :D and will be posting the pics of the disconnected pipes soon, I just have to get my infernal phone to play nice and connect to my computer lol. Yea i'm sure getting a few tanks in sort out any faults.

Now the matter of rust i have gone up and down this little beast and it appears to have zero rust (touch wood) non in the spare wheel compartment, under the chassis, on jacking points etc, only the tip of the exhaust is the area the dam rust gremlins have taken hold :mad: but going to get a new tip hopefully tomorrow for it :) I will be sure to keep an eye on all those problem areas you have said about thanks :)

Just guessing star wars quote there ;) thank you for the warm welcome (y)

p.s i don't no if i'm supposed to quote the whole post or just quick reply sorry if this messes things up :eek:

There is a workshop manual you can download from this site, or get it on a Disc off eBay.

Bit confused by this car -logically it doesn't exist:shrug:
In the photo's it looks like Athena Blue -Sportings weren't available in that colour ....but it's got Sporting bumpers, wheels etc!! So is it a SX with bits added or a Sporting that's had a paint job :confused:
Have you checked the plate on the L/H boot floor just to make sure it is what it is?
A Sporting versions should be: 187AXC 1A 02B.
S or SX models: 187AXC 1A 02

Thank you for the view :)

Very good question there Ouby i have just been to look and it is 187AXC 1A 02L :confused: So im guessing its a different model or something lol i'm kinda stumped but there is others out there like mine so 50% sure its not fake :LOL: lol

Right i have finally got my pain in the butt phone to work :D

Here is a pic of my engine bay :)

DSC_0364_zps6u7qxgg3.jpg

And these are pics of the disconnected pipes that i havent a clue what they are or what they do Please help me Ahhhh (probs no need for the bright red circles but just encase lol)

Untitled-2_zpsjxzqp6di.jpg
Untitled-3_zpsitan5i0z.jpg

Those two pipes normaly have plastic screws in the ends and are used to bleed air out of the coolant......looks like they lost/broke the plastic bleed screws..

Phil

Thanks duncan :)

Yea i'm getting that a lot today and never seeing this colour makes two of us :D i'm still wondering what model my seicento is considering that the plate in the boot is 187AXC 1A 02L :LOL: may be a mystery forever Ahhhh

Only thing I'd say about buying low mileage car cento is:

Replace all perishables/serviceable bits now! I bought a 36k soleil within couple of weeks of driving it regularly rear started knocking, misfire developed and alternator seized.

I've replaced everything now, undersealed and 5,000 miles later it's still running perfect and went through MOT no advisories :)

Clutch cable and gearbox oil next for me..

Only thing I'd say about buying low mileage car cento is:

Replace all perishables/serviceable bits now! I bought a 36k soleil within couple of weeks of driving it regularly rear started knocking, misfire developed and alternator seized.

I've replaced everything now, undersealed and 5,000 miles later it's still running perfect and went through MOT no advisories :)

Clutch cable and gearbox oil next for me..

Hi Chrisoleil Thanks for the advice (y)

Checked some of the perishables like air filter, break pads, clutch cable and some others all as good as new. Will have to do a thorough check tomorrow maybe but yea i see your point will get checking and replacing i'm sure there will be something lol :p

Good luck with the clutch cable and the gearbox oil ;) You will have to tell me how it goes thanks for the advice again :)

....never seeing this colour ....may be a mystery forever Ahhhh
NEVER! :mad::mad::mad:
Not been unable to identify a MPI so far, & i'm not about to admit defeat now :p
.... I might even have to contact the legend known as AppleSei for his knowledge.
Found a pic of a Y reg Sporting which seemed to be this colour sold on Parkers. What year is yours? I'm guessing 2003 by the ECU.

....may be a mystery forever Ahhhh
Found it :nerner:
In the run up to stopping production of RHD Seis in 2004 they made Sportings available in Scillia red & Athena Blue-
metallic paint?... that's £271 extra to you my boy!

So it's a genuine rare coloured Sporting (y)
-but it's not really worth more because of that :(
If you do need to touch up any paintwork the colour code for yours is 597. It should be marked on a silver sticker on the rear hatch but the markings are often worn off or the label is missing.

NEVER! :mad::mad::mad:
Not been unable to identify a MPI so far, & i'm not about to admit defeat now :p
.... I might even have to contact the legend known as AppleSei for his knowledge.
Found a pic of a Y reg Sporting which seemed to be this colour sold on Parkers. What year is yours? I'm guessing 2003 by the ECU.

Haha :LOL: well i wish you good luck on your quest there Ouby (y)

Yea it is a 2003 little seicento :)

Found it :nerner:
In the run up to stopping production of RHD Seis in 2004 they made Sportings available in Scillia red & Athena Blue-
metallic paint?... that's £271 extra to you my boy!

So it's a genuine rare coloured Sporting (y)
-but it's not really worth more because of that :(
If you do need to touch up any paintwork the colour code for yours is 597. It should be marked on a silver sticker on the rear hatch but the markings are often worn off or the label is missing.

Ignore the last post haha :eek:

AWESOME !!! Thanks so much for finding it :worship: well at least i gave you a bit of a challenge there ;) yea it is a metallic colour.

And now i no its genuine and i didn't buy a knock off :rolleyes: Sad face its not worth more haha :D

Thank you for the colour code as well that will come in handy :)

Last edited:
Yo everyone (y)

Decided to get a tip for my exhaust for now as it is rusted and is an eye saw lol :D

The diameter is 2 inches so i will need one a bit bigger than that to fit over for now ;) then going to get a new back box etc but will have to save for that one lol anyone got any recommendations before i dive in :)

Hi doggybob thanks for viewing my post :)

All in all it was £1,500 but that was including tax and MOT and a very cheeky £99 dealer ship fee they like to add on there when you get nice and comfy in their chair's so around the £1,200 mark for the car. (but with a dealer ship you do get 3 months warranty and added extras if you want them)

They can range from £700 (for a alright condition car 50K + on the clock) to £2,000.

Tax was £99 and insurance for me was £710 (£500 excess) that was with no no claims and my other half on the insurance :)

I would seriously recommend these little seicento's for a run-around as it was geared for urban areas and does very well on fuel as i put in £20 (takes the fuel gauge just past half way from nearly empty) and has only just passed the quarter of a tank line after a week and a half and you can fit into any car parking space :cool:. (word of warning acceleration pedal is very light beware of heavy footedness lol)

Hope this helps if you want any other info don't hesitate to ask (y)

Iv got a sporting for sale for 300 with 42500 miles

Back