Saxo_VTR_MK1.jpg

Saxo VTR 1997 Mk1 (esp. 4 Dave)

Introduction

Here is the picture of my 1997 Citroen Saxo VTR. Despite comments to the contary this is a great car :)
Saxo_VTR_MK1.jpg
If its got to that stage in its' life without being modded its not chav...most saxo vtrs that age are modded to the hilt or spares after being wrapped round a tree...

I dunno, not sure I'd call it chav, they're very good cars really.

This one is 100% original, nothing has been modded on it at all. The sort of car in 10 years time will be very rare and start increasing in value.

Here is the picture of my 1997 Citroen Saxo VTR. Despite comments to the contary this is a great car :)
Saxo_VTR_MK1.jpg

They are superb little cars. when they have been thrashed and suspension/brake components and engines are tired then they are dogs and this is most peoples experience of one. Buy a good one and as a drivers car with handling that makes use of every 90 horses there is little to touch one on a back road. Its only top end that bigger bhp cars will leave them.
Huge fun factor awesome chassis from peugeot/citroen. I had a brand new one and loved it. Only let down is tinny build quality but for sheer fun awesome nearly as good as my old ford puma 1.7 (y)
personally I think they look far better stock.

saying they will increase in value is a bit extreme, they may get to the stage where they no longer depreciate anymore though.

You can't get much cheaper than 500 notes for a mint car. In 10 years time you won't be able to pickup one in this original condition for that (y)

What you gonna do to it? It's a minefield modding a Saxo as there very chavvy most the time there done up.

Dunno. I bought it from new, sold it in 2000 and have bought it back.

They are superb little cars. when they have been thrashed and suspension/brake components and engines are tired then they are dogs and this is most peoples experience of one. Buy a good one and as a drivers car with handling that makes use of every 90 horses there is little to touch one on a back road. Its only top end that bigger bhp cars will leave them.
Huge fun factor awesome chassis from peugeot/citroen. I had a brand new one and loved it. Only let down is tinny build quality but for sheer fun awesome nearly as good as my old ford puma 1.7 (y)
personally I think they look far better stock.

At least someone who knows they're good cars and isn't ashamed to admit it. Likewise I bought this example new and liked it so much I bought it back 8 years after I sold it. All the punto owners don't want to admit that a Saxo is really just a better car (y)

he aint gonna mod it, reckons he aint a chav, even though he writes with numbers where there should be words :devil::p:slayer:

I doubt I'll mod it, not into modding cars, I wrote 4 just for you Dave, I know how much you like Saxos (y). I bought it to track it and did a day at Snetterton, round the twisties it was up there and put faster cars to shame, but down the long straight didn't have have horsepower to keep up. I'll probably clean it up a little bit more and then sell it and buy a Clio 172 or something, they were quite a bit faster and quick round the bends too.

HAHA, will you not allow him to mod it? Lol i always said i didn't want a Corsa or a Saxo in my car club and so far i've done well (y)

We've got 4 cars at the moment and looking for something a bit faster but relatively inexpensive if i trash it on a track. As I said fun around the twisties but lacks grunt on the straights. I could drop a VTS engine in for more power or put a turbo on it but probably just easier to buy something with a little more power.

Last edited:
Back