Punto (Mk1) Sat on my drive

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) Sat on my drive

Darren Ford

Hi I have a Punto Mk1 1.2 60s car in red which is sat on my drive for a few months as I have been poorly.

I am currently not working so have not got the funds to run a car and my parents are winging that my Punto is sat on the drive doing nothing.

Advise on selling or scrappage?
do and donts, local paper are advertising for scrap cars are these a good option?

What about removing alloy wheels first and sell separate? cd player etc. after market lights.

Might be worth asking your question in the Lets Talk Fiat forum (or even the Punto (Mk1) forum if you have any specific mechanical issues that might have a bearing on your decision) ... this section is more focused on members posting items that they've seen in online auctions like eBay.

Having said that, sorry to hear of your situation. The MK1 Punto is a great car and they are getting fewer all the time so it seems a shame to scrap it - particularly if it's in working or near-working order.

As far as I know scrap value has fallen to next to nothing. If you start breaking the car then you still have to dispose of what's left and have the hassle of selling items, though sounds like you have some nice parts. Others on the Forum would be able to advise on the value of these better than me.

There is a classifieds section on the Forum by the way.

Final thought: at some point you will need a car again so maybe keeping it on the drive for the future isn't a bad thing? Maybe your parents aren't seeing the bigger picture here...:)

Hi I have a Punto Mk1 1.2 60s car in red which is sat on my drive for a few months as I have been poorly.

I am currently not working so have not got the funds to run a car and my parents are winging that my Punto is sat on the drive doing nothing.

Advise on selling or scrappage?

do and donts, local paper are advertising for scrap cars are these a good option?

What about removing alloy wheels first and sell separate? cd player etc. after market lights.

hi Darren, as punto60sx says they are becoming rare and if it's a runner and doesn't need a lot of welding it's worth keeping till your circumstances change [emoji1303], or sell in the classifieds on here .

Back