Technical Sat Nav

Currently reading:
Technical Sat Nav

leelee01

Hi Guys

Today on the Connect Nav+ i have had a message come up saying that the phone part of the Connect Nav+ unavaible i have tried a soft reset but this hasn't work, also the left icon for the Sat Nav which is normally green is just blank......Is this the stilo germlins playing around?

Thanks
Lee

How do i reflash it? also i have taken out fuses F39 and F49 to do a cold reboot this hasn't worked unless i have taken the wrong fuses out!

Last edited:
Cold reboot is done by pressing Setup 4 times repeatedly for future reference . . . (also by turning ignition off :p).

Erm, reflashing requires the ROM CD. Go into the setup menu first though - any faults there?

Thats seems all fine in there, it has been working all day and the prob accured when i just had the unit on without out the car started and turned it off as i was waiting for my son at school.

The Radio and CD work its just the phone part and the nav even though i was using it earlier

Is the ROM CD the one were i upgraded it to 9.8 from 8.3? or is it another CD?

Thanks

I have reflashed the unit again and still the same problem. "phone service unusable"

Has the unit had it?, everthing else works fine apart from the phone and sat nav as both icons are both white

Any other ideas?

Lee

I had the same when my antenna contact was bad. There is a connector somewhere in the cabine floor, but I was lucky becouse I cleand only cn+ connectors.

Just a thought, Would it be worth removing the unit and removing the the power feed for awhile? I did remove fuses 39 and 49 but that didn't work.....

Also how do i remove the unit?

Thanks

I have removed that sat nav unit from the car for 2 hours and have put it back in and have the same problem no telephone or sat nav any other ideas?

Removing the fuses will remove the power feed . . .

If the GPS and GSM strengths are both white, it's most likely an antenna fault. As I said, go into the service menu (see instructions here) and see what the status of the antenna is there.

Went into the service menu it come up with internal error, when i come out and went back in it was ok as no internal error, second thing even though there is a simcard in the unit its saying it is absent, everthing else i.e antenna and others are ok

Attachments

• 28022007204.jpg
    28022007204.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 28022007206.jpg
    28022007206.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 28022007207.jpg
    28022007207.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 28022007208.jpg
    28022007208.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 20
  • 28022007209.jpg
    28022007209.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
It looks like a GSM module fault, as it's not reporting the manufacturing dates and software versions correctly. The GSM module is also in charge of SIM card recognition.

If it were me, I'd put in the 9.8 ROM disk and reflash as per the instructions in the first instance.

I reflashed it on Tuesday with the 9.8 disk, would the GSM module also affect the sat nav part of it as well?

Is it worth reflashing it again?

Thanks

Ah did you? Bugger . . .

To be honest I'm not sure. What worries me is the fact it had the Internal Error test light on red. The only other thing I can suggest is removing it from the car for 24 hours and trying again.

The fact that both GPS & GSM reception are showing as non-existent would usually indicate antenna failure though, although this would not cause the internal error or the SIM card problem.

the car is due to go in to a dealer on 12th to have the steering recall done, if they were to put this on examier would it so any faults on there regarding they sat nav?

Well it doesnt sound happy . . .

Again, the only thing I can suggest is trying another antenna - or plug it in to another Stilo (ensuring you have the code for both units) to test it,

Back