Samco/silicone pipes in yellow...

Currently reading:
Samco/silicone pipes in yellow...

Anyone recommend a good place to buy some yellow pipes from? i've found one place that can give me a lead time of 10 days (much better than 6-10 weeks!) but pretty expensive imo... may be wrong though...

The below is what i need on the order:
38mm ID 90 deg hoses, 102mm leg x3 (boost pipe)
38mm ID 90 deg hose, 152mm leg x1 (boost pipe)
44mm ID 135 deg hoses x2 102mm leg (induction pipe)
25mm ID straight 76mm long (for dumpvalve fitting)
25mm ID straight 1metre (oil breather pipe)
19mm ID straight 1m length (coolant pipe from the 4 block to the expansion tank)
10mm ID straight, 1m length (top of expansion tank to the throttle body)
8mm ID straight, 3m length (vacuum pipes and general bay tidyup)

at the current website the above is costing me 189.99 + 8.50 vat, but the guy has offered me a discount code on this but not told me how much the discount would be for... does this sound like a good price to you guys

also did ask him about a fluro pipe for my oil return on turbo but sold in 1m sections, at over £50 a metre :eek: only need like 60mm or something iirc (n) so may leave that for now :rolleyes: :p

just hope this sorts my boost leak :cry:

edit: the alternative would be to buy the smaller pipes as part of one of those engine bay dressup packs for like £15.00 but this may not be of the same quality? (n)

Last edited:
have sent them email too (y) along with samco and a couple of other small time type dealers off ebay, although this was before i amended the measurements to ones they actually supply pipes in :eek: :p this guy was the one who got back to me and the short lead time sounds a big plus for me too :D (y) emailed him back asking how much discount we were talking :cool:

It sound like a good deal if they are supplying sun glasses also with the hoses :p :D if you need something better to spend the money on I know of and older member on here who needs a few bob to spend on his stilo. :D

peter doesnt think very highly of me lol :p see slating he gave me on public forum on clubfirepower believe was under the 40mm tb thread (n)

have asked samco direct also, but will give rallydesign a call/mail shortly too (y)

edit: sunglasses dont come with the yellow samco's will ask when the cam cover gets polished ;) :p

may give him a bell, but really dont expect to get anywhere tbh :eek:

this current place is giving me 10% discount if i get all the hoses too, so looking at what 180ish at a rough estimate :eek: :eek: guess its all in the name of shiney/yellow engine bay tho :D

Make sure you are comparing like with like i.e. how many ply the pipes are ;) You dont want hoses collapsing.

Did you check with rally design alex just wondering how the price compared :)

why are boost pipes so expensive?? The actuall cost of material is peanuts (pennies) and the only thing that costs them is cutting them, then stamping samco into the side of them, the thing that really costs is when you have reducers and elbow's etc.

Luckily for me I think I only need to upgrade two bits of boost pipe on the volvo and thats only because I want a big off iveco intercooler and the exits are a different size (my solid metal boost pipe is 2.5 or 3" as std, but the flexy stuff is narrower, more like 2.25", so I might upgrade it, but its not important.

Oh and ghost where can you get some of those stickers printed? I want one:devil:

was actually thinking of going to sign writers see if they can knock me something up :chin: :D

the problem is its lots of lil sizes i need but they only sell by specific lengths like the fluro lined one i only need like 10cm tops for the oil return from turbo, but they only sell it by the metre :(

edit: and my hose sizes all same size right from the turbo :cool:

if I was to replace all the boost pipe (Solid metal stuff, no reason, just ugly, thinking of polishing it:D ) I would need metres and metres of the stuff! Turbos really are an ungainly thing, with all sorts of leaks and stupid pipes all over the shop

Rob Whitney is on about making some specific kits for Cinqs and Seis of different specs in the near future. Should be able to do it cheaper with the leftovers going on other kits rather than lots of wastage. Give him a pm(y)
GhostWKD said:
was actually thinking of going to sign writers see if they can knock me something up :chin: :D

the problem is its lots of lil sizes i need but they only sell by specific lengths like the fluro lined one i only need like 10cm tops for the oil return from turbo, but they only sell it by the metre :(

edit: and my hose sizes all same size right from the turbo :cool:

Back