IMG_0586.JPG

Grande Punto Salv's Black Sporing PICTURES!

Introduction

Ive had my motor for a year so i thought it would be good to start a thred. its a 2008 1.4 starjet sporting only done 38,000 (basically a t-jet without the "T") being18 insurance is cheaper. was £3000 for the first years insurance now down to £850 (well chuffed)
so far i have:
Taken off the bottom Grill and wet and dried and polished the intercooler
changed standard horns to red air horns (see below) looks like a bull now(y)
Tinted the side lights
bought 2 spare alloys with rubber for £25 absolute bargin of the year
Subwoofer in the boot with controls in the dash
new chrome wheel nuts because the old ones went a white/rusty colour from the salt in the road
new gear linkage because i snapped the old one :D
waxed and polished on alternate weeks
oh and de star-jetted the badge from the grill
Things to do:
paint calipers red
refurb my 2 spare alloys
maybe 10mm rear wheel spacers if i can find a cheap set.
Take a look guys (y)
Nick the grill I tell you what nobody can nick the bottom grill off a gp I had to wrap towing cable round the fin and give it a major yank! It cut my first rope :D

Haha, just messing about:p

Know that you mean myself and @MISC1691 were trying to get his grille out for about 20-minutes in the end it took the two of us and some heavy duty rope.
Mine is the complete opposite can take it out with one hand but putting it back in though is another story:cry:
DSCN0274.JPG DSCN02751.JPG
Hope @James1989 doesn't mind me using his images (Don't think he's on here anymore)
And you should get the FMIC..... need I say more!:yum:

Last edited:
Personally I think the only reason to show of your Intercooler is if you have a decent one fitted and its attached to a rapid car.
You have neither. (soz if that sounds harsh)

You have a nice looking car, don't mess with it!

Oh and declare any changes as your cheaper insurance means nothing if its invalid....;)

Taken off the bottom Grill and wet and dried and polished the intercooler

Personally I think the only reason to show of your Intercooler is if you have a decent one fitted and its attached to a rapid car.
You have neither. (soz if that sounds harsh)

Intercooler? There's no intercooler on the 1.4 StarJet as its a N/A car. :confused:

The T-Jet has an intercooler as its Turbo'd.

Think you mean Radiator. :)

Intercooler? There's no intercooler on the 1.4 StarJet as its a N/A car. :confused:
The T-Jet has an intercooler as its Turbo'd.

Haha I didn't even notice that! maybe he wont be needing one after all:bang:

Ive always thought of the start-jet to be a bit of a pointless engine option either you want a slower more economical version such as 1.2 or 1.3 or you want something like the M/T-jet:confused:

Starjet replced the older uneconomical 1.4. Its the same as the Panda 100 one. Its the second most powerful petrol FIAT sell. Its cheaper to insure than the Tjet but offers more fun than the 1.2.

The 1.2 has less power than the 1.2 in the Mk2 and the Grande is Heavier means it struggles.

My bad, its a radiator. Why display it at all then? More to the point why polish it?
I road tested a non turbo grande before I bought a T-jet and it was dog slow!
Rapid, really?
And since when was pulling away from a Corsa an achievement?

{Grammar police) correct spelling - Ferrari's.:devil:

Back