safety videos (seatbelts, etc)

Currently reading:
safety videos (seatbelts, etc)

You know whats good and bad all at the same time? In previous years certain media would never have made the television let alone a cinema screen, but for some reason it seems that whoever allows these medias to filtrate the public thinks maybe its a good thing.

In the cinema now you see a lot of blood and guts and violents which have 15age classifications, but show two naked bodies in close proximity and it gets an 18 :confused: now I've always thought sex was more acceptable then violents but maybe I missed something :confused:

In anycase seeing the above advert goes to show, most of us yawned and didn't even bother replying because we have seen much worse,

The Pub advert where the invisible car sends the girl flying accross the pub

The motorbike rider who takes a wide corner and smashing a car windscreen

The kinds filming on their mobile when one of them gets taken out

The one where there was taht girl who won something and was fantasising then got knocked down

Even the Posters are quite alarming, I don't know if any of you have seen the one where there is several pics of a teenager flying through the air after they didn't pay enough attention to the road, Ive seen people looking at that and all they do is go "look at how they landed, cool"

In any case is it a possibility that showing things of such a graphic, hard hitting nature desensitises us to things that could very well happen in real life? does it mean that as time goes on, to get messages accross and taken seriously, that they are going to have to get even more graphic?

The most effective adverts for me are (as a driver) the one where the passenger in the rear crushes the driver :yuck:, and (as a pedestrian) the one where the kids are filming each other on the mobile phones, and one lad runs into the road ( again :yuck: )

the one with the kids and the mobiles is soo over used now tho. so much I've manage to work out the exact frame that they take the kid out, and add the dummy. You can just see the car skip a frame.

Or the one with the red sierra that sends the kid with the ball flying, on that one, the front tyres are locked up, but the back wheels are still moving at full wack, and you can see that the car is remote driven as it has no driver.

My point is that we see them so often, they have no affect on adults. I was walking through lincoln th other week, and there was a little girl watching the tv's in a shop window. This was at about 5 o clock, her mum was talking to someone, but was holding the girls hand. The girl suddenly screamed like mad and hid behind her mother screaming. She'd just watched the one with the little girl who unbreaks all her bones and slides into the road. When the girl on the telly gasped and woke up, it had shocked the poor lass so much she was as white as a sheet!!! I know these adverts are there for a reason, I think they are a bit extreme!!! We're one of the only countries that gets away with it!!! Remember the ford "evil ka" adverts that did the rounds a few years ago, where it luanches a pidgeon, or cuts the head off a cat with its sunroof? They weren't allowed on tv, but it's ok to show scenes that wouldn't be seen in anything under a 15?

Don't suppose any of you have seen the original "crash" movie, about the group of people who have a car crash fetish? Most of the governments the world over banned it as it was 2 extreme (tbh watching people jerk off over people dying in cars worried me a bit :S). But 5 years ago channel four put it to the BBFC and told them they were showing worse scenes in most of the "Think!" campaign. They then showed it at 9 o'clock on a thursday night!!!

I know that if they aren't shown in prime time slots no bugger would see them, but they really aren't suitable for kids.

Jon+em

perhaps the photo of the 9 year old who was squashed into the shape of the isle man flag symbol in the front near side arch behind the wheel, of a stolen volvo would do the trick......

you can show people the worst atrocities on film, but after at most an initial jolt, it fades too quickly to have a lasting long term effect on most

Back