General Sad Sad Month!

Currently reading:
General Sad Sad Month!

sixwheeledbeast

Well i have been nowhere near t'internet in the last couple of months. SO i haven't been able to tell anyone the bad news. some nice caring members of the public torched my Sisley (known to all as the BEAST), late one night three weeks ago.
Yes you read correct, it come against an act of arson .... and won! Surpisingly everything works perfect, well (as it did before anyway). Tuff little cars ay.
The electrical system is slightly scared, and the interior is none existant but all esle seems fine. It's just started to sink in how no other car matches up to it. Hopefully the new beast will be on the road soon, a bit less sisley then before but one old marabella seat and belt will do for now.
By any chance has anyone a full sisley interior going spare?(ha, yeah, as if)

sixwheeledbeast said:
By any chance has anyone a full sisley interior going spare?(ha, yeah, as if)
Well i am receiving a complete sisley this weekend, but i think the interior is complete so i won't need the bits that Alan had left to me last time he came over... there's a steering wheel with horn button, and seat belts... 2 i think. that's about it.

however the panda i currently have is about the generously become a donor for anything i require to make the Sisley rust free... so there's an interior at least you can have... i just need the bonnet, boot door, drivers door. the rest is going to be split up for Ebay or scrapped...

drive up from St helens soonish and you can have a bunch of stuff...

also the guy i am buying the Sisley off has got spares... but i don't know what at the moment apart from a passenger seat cover.

Last edited:
christopher watson said:
Tony, what condition is the gearknob like? (the vultures have started to appear ;))
That'll be a different thread later on...

sixwheeledbeast said:
.....torched my Sisley (known to all as the BEAST), late one night three weeks ago.
Yes you read correct, it come against an act of arson .... and won!

Some pandas just never want to die!:slayer:

Best of luck with the restoration and I hope everyone on here come up trumps getting your's back on the road.

Jim

Thanks a lot to all, for all the kind words and help!
Well the current situiation is that i haven't made much progess with it, to be honest. Apart from removing all the chared remains from the rear and other general bits like belts and sunvisors. This has made me I bit more aware of what i actually need. As for the dashboard, gearknob, steering wheel and storks they are only slighty smoke damaged and hopefully are restorable with some elbow-grease (or soap may work better!).
The main list of parts required are roof lining, seats and belts, carpet, trimy square cardboard things on the (drivers, passengers and boot), sun visors, mirror and int. lamp unit. So, eh not much then!
At the moment the lack of sisley seats doesn't really bother me i am just trying to get back on the road so any 999 gear will do really.
Tony if that gears still going can u PM me you're mobile so i can get back to you.
Cheers for all the help!
SIXWHEELEDBEAST

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Alan.D said:
The ;) meant i have a full sisley interior including front & back seats and seat belts although Tony has some bits he offered them also.
We can talk about what's what on the way to the 'not talking horse' land... i have actually slept in a MK1 panda before... and it's not that bad...

sorry, coming late into this. Those ****ing bastards, excuse my french! These people make me sick, i'm absolutely terrified that some1 will do that to mine, tis parked in a rather dodgy area!
Hats off to the panda, they really are beasts. (y) and good on you for carrying on wiv it. i take it no1 got caught?
By da way u got any pics of the damage? Was just wondering how bad it is.

Thank your lucky stars that uv not got a Mk 1, i would cry over the thought of having to find a new Mk 1 interior lol.

Have a shotgun ready if u catch these buggers, best of luck with the resto.
Cheers
Si

PS Absolutely amazing respnce from the fiat forum (y) Came to the right place thats for sure.

Back