General S and Sx! Interior Help

Currently reading:
General S and Sx! Interior Help

Mufflaz2005

In the sx punto's they have a roof console with like your map light and digi clock, i woz just thinkin is there anyway that this console cud be wired up into an s model because ive jus put a rev counter in my s and now i dont know the time lol, plus i think it looks smart?

anybody know if it can be done and how?

thanks.

alex:D

i don't think the wire for it will be in your car but all it naads is a power and earth for the clock to work

don't use the light power and earth make your own separate fused feed from the fuse box and run them under the pillar trim the fuse box is on right of the car next to steering column

that sounds quite complicated for someone as dumb as me lol?

cud u explain it in real simple turns lol!

thanks.

alex.

and how do i go about getin all the map lights 2 work in myn aswell

and do u fink i cud screw the new console straight in2 the roof

it's the same body so the mounts for both interior lights will be the same
afaik it just clips to the roof lining anyway

there will be 3 wires for the light permanent live switched live from doors and earth

then there may or may not be a live and earth for the clock

you will have to substitute your on

from the live feed to interior fuse box use a 2.5 amp fuse and an earth point and run wires to the light

i dont get this bit about the fuse box, do i have 2 run wires from the fuse box to the light for the clock? :S

is there spare slots in the fusebox 2 wire it too or sumfink!

sorry its confusin me!

My mate had a 60s with a sunroof which broke, in the process of removing the broken one and replacing it with one removed from a scrap SX he discovered the clock power wire is in the ceiling in the headlining, and forever more had a punto with two clocks. So it is up there somewhere try removing your interior light and see if there is a spare wire behind. edit: not the interior light the surround around your sunroof handle.

Last edited:
My mate had a 60s with a sunroof which broke, in the process of removing the broken one and replacing it with one removed from a scrap SX he discovered the clock power wire is in the ceiling in the headlining, and forever more had a punto with two clocks. So it is up there somewhere try removing your interior light and see if there is a spare wire behind. edit: not the interior light the surround around your sunroof handle.

depends on model and year weather it has the wire or not for example mine most defo does not i took head lining out to clean marks off but buy all means have a look

actually to make it simple if you look at your ignition barrel wiring one wire will be red iirc maybe the orange one it's permanent live splice a wire from this it's fused already then use it for the clock or your cigi lighter if that is live with ignition off i think it is on your car

Back