Technical S and SX drivers seat rack

Currently reading:
Technical S and SX drivers seat rack

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
Are they interchangable, as I don't really need it but I want it anyway, to have a height adjustable jobby!!

better yet just swap a whole seat over, but all scrappies seats are manky or just as worn as mine, can I replace the seat foam (fabric is like new) not the seat itself, as the bolster is worn and wrinkled like most puntos are.

faster4_tec said:
Are they interchangable, as I don't really need it but I want it anyway, to have a height adjustable jobby!!

better yet just swap a whole seat over, but all scrappies seats are manky or just as worn as mine, can I replace the seat foam (fabric is like new) not the seat itself, as the bolster is worn and wrinkled like most puntos are.

Fiat seem to have made a science out of sourcing crap foam I used to run a parts consortium for the Lancia Motor Club & had some brand new unused seat bases (uncovered foam) they were kept in dry warm conditions & the foam turned to sand(thats what it looked like) Funny a lot of upholsterers will happily recover a seat but ask them cut a piece of foam for the seat & they run for the hills! :(

german buch seem to get it right.

our older audi has 145kon the clock used every day, abused, used damaged, and yet seats are just as firm as they were when the car was new 9 years ago.

Same goes for all the real saab 900's we have had, all last very well. Just a lot of modern cars seem to be using earth friendly materials now, and just like house paint, it sucks, you have to re seat, and re paint every few years. We still have a few tins of Turtlewax hardcoat left, THE best polish there ever was, they withdrew it from sale and relaucnhed it as some easy wax crp, because it was harmful to the enviroment.

Back