General Rust etc,etc!!

Currently reading:
General Rust etc,etc!!

Rust especially in the rear arches and rear seat belt mount area. If possible, remove the rear seatbelt mounting. Pull forward the carpet stuff in the hatch and look toward the back of the car.

This is one example, but in really bad ones the rear members which support the rear suspension cross member will have gone, too. It can all be fixed, but there are no replacement panels available.

Check that the radiator fan comes on, do a compression test if you can, check for knocking from the rear on the test drive (rear arm bushes), knocking from the passenger footwell area (worn rear gearbox mount), jumping out of gear (generally second or third), clutch should be light.

Otherwise, pretty much as any modern car.

It can all be fixed, mechanicals are cheap and simple, but welding and bodywork will cost as much on a Cinq as on a Ferrari, so be prepared to negotiate downwards or walk away.

thanks very much fingers99 that has suprised me haw bad thay can be! I thought modern cars don't rust like that any more! I will look at all those points and some! :worship:

Back