General Running to cold

Currently reading:
General Running to cold

Shanemc1

Hi just done the head gasket in my 98 punto 1.2 sx60 and everything is ok except for the temp reading is between 1/2 way and 1/4 way on the gauge. I have replaced he thermostat and im 100% theres no air in the system. Is it possible it could be a temp switch? the fan does cut in no probs. And one more thing I bought the car with the engine already stripped and it was sitting for a year so dont know if it was an old problem. I'll be grateful for any help Thanks

Hello mate, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

When you say the rad fan is running ok, at what sort of temp is it kicking in (ie 1/4 way up gauge etc).

Secondly, is it running at in between 1/4 and 1/2 with the internal heaters on too? As at this time of year, it sounds about right.

Alan

thanks for the welcome to your excellent forum! The fan kicks in around the the same just above half way between the 1/4 and 1/2 point on the gauge if you can figure that out! bassically at some where just over 3/8 on the needle

Ah right, so it kicks in just in between 1/4 and 1/2. In that case, could be a faulty fan switch, as really you don't want it kicking in until its just over half way. Simple to change and only cost a few quid.

Alan

Im not sure it seems very steady at that point and does take a good while for the fan to cut in, is there any other thing that might influence it im not used to puntos and dont know what way the cooling pipeing works on the throtle body. Would a breather left off influence this?

Back