Running red light

Currently reading:
Running red light

Well i was coming home from college on friday, sitting at traffic lights going to turn right, those going straight foward the lights went green, looking at the wrong set of lights i went, it wasnt till i went to turn right i realised mine must have still have been red as i could not turn because of traffic on the other side flowing, im really worried now of getting points is it certain i will, or do not all red light cases get caught? (i know this aint really fiat related, but its the only forum half appropriate as i was drivingg mine)

Unless there are cameras at that particular set of lights, the chances of anything happening are pretty slim.

They have to serve a notice of intended prosecution within a given time frame, for speeding offences it's 14 days, I believe it's the same for other minor infractions too, though I could be wrong.

Just make sure you don't do it again! ;)

you shouldnt mate i accidently shot through one in wigan town center , totally accidental, and i havent heard anything since .

I ran one a few weeks ago by accident too. On a crossing, the lights were on red but no1 was around so I didn't even notice and wasn't until I heard the car behind beep its horn that I realised what I had done. Never heard anything though.

Well i was coming home from college on friday, sitting at traffic lights going to turn right, those going straight foward the lights went green, looking at the wrong set of lights i went, it wasnt till i went to turn right i realised mine must have still have been red as i could not turn because of traffic on the other side flowing, im really worried now of getting points is it certain i will, or do not all red light cases get caught? (i know this aint really fiat related, but its the only forum half appropriate as i was drivingg mine)

I accidentally ran 1 in reading the other week, by TGIs, to turn left, jus didnt even see them, even though i go passed there most weeks , jus forgot and i havent got anything through yet

About 20 years ago I stopped at a set of lights and noticed the Driving Instructor in the next car was one I'd trained. He tooted and with windows down exchanged a few pleasantries. Just before I drove off, I heard him tell his pupil: "That guy's the best driver I've ever seen."

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a green light come on and with a cheery wave made a quick getaway. Half way across the junction I saw the lights on the opposite side were still on red and realised I'd seen the green man come on for pedestrians to cross.

Highly embarrassed, I looked in my mirror to see, not only my ex-trainee and pupil follow me across the junction, but seemingly every other vehicle as well.

Phew that was a relief. I thought it would have been just me, but no, every other muppet in the queue just went for it as well.

In order for you to be prosecuted, what you did would have to be witnessed by somebody, almost certainly a Police Officer or caught on camera. You could always go back to the junction and have a look for a camera. If there isn't one the chances are you'll be in the clear. If a Cop had seen you do it he
would have almost certainly stopped you there and then and offered you the opportunity of accepting an Endorsable Fixed Penalty Notice.

Do a quick google of the county's speedcameras and red light camera's of where you done it. All camera's are listed somewhere (I love the norfolk camera partner ship website for the info it gives)

Will tell you if there are any camera's on the junction.

Will be a grey boxed camera as redlight camera's don't have to be high vis (unless redlight/speed trap combi's) (y)

Jon.

dont think the redlight/speed cameras exist or they cant do you for both (running a red light while over speed) cant remember why tho

They do. I got done for speeding by one ;)

redspeed_digital_camera-L.jpg

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...ev=/images?q=digital+speed+camera&gbv=2&hl=en

How is it 'money making'...if you dont speed/run red lights, you wont have to pay anything.

Anyway, on topic, theres a few lights like that around here, quite funny when you see someone start driving and then noticing and looking rather sheepish lol

yeh i seen them but im pretty sure they can only do speed OR redlight. not both together you cant be done for speeding through a red light. you probably just get a ticket for running a red light.

It was in a bike mag cos there really against money making cameras like these

I think you might be right. Either one or the other, but when you look at mine I say light green. No reason why they couldn't do you twice if it said light red :confused:

attachment.php

not both together you cant be done for speeding through a red light.
yes you can, but its very unlikely. It would be very unusual for there to be a permanent set of traffic lights that close to a speed camera, the risk tends to be where there are road works.
In the only case I have seen, the driver was caught by an average speed camera set up to cover road works, and seen to cross a red light in the stretch of road covered by the cameras. He was done for dangerous driving.

it wasnt till i went to turn right i realised mine must have still have been red
To be convicted of crossing a red light some part of your car - it could just be a bumper not the whole car - must cross the stop line while the light is red. If you had passed the stop line but stopped because the way is was not clear for you to turn right you don't need to worry about the red light.
Just bear in mind that drivers who do that can still be guilty of careless or dangerous driving if they turn across the path of other cars.

yes you can, but its very unlikely. It would be very unusual for there to be a permanent set of traffic lights that close to a speed camera, the risk tends to be where there are road works.
In the only case I have seen, the driver was caught by an average speed camera set up to cover road works, and seen to cross a red light in the stretch of road covered by the cameras. He was done for dangerous driving.

we are talking about a newer type of camera that does both red light and speed.

I see what you mean MEP but maybe when the lights are on Red and you cross them you get fined for just running a red light?

as far as i know even normal red light cameras record the speed as well just for information i guess

Back