Technical running issue 1.9 16v

Currently reading:
Technical running issue 1.9 16v

scooter188

well guys i have a little problem
1.9 16v 150 mjet

i was coming home from bristol airport last night and my car started to feel a bit less responsive then normal after about 100 miles got home anyway.

went out to start it this morning n it sounds like its only running on 3 cylinders once reved past 1700ish rpm seems ok

taken it 4 a drive and it is definately down on power and definately sounds like it is missing on a cylinder under load low down in the revs but there are no fault codes or anything coming up on FiatEcuScan or anything for the matter

wondering if anyone has experienced this and what it could be

i know there has been egr issues with them but surely that wouldnt cause this fault would it ?

Try cleaning the EGR anyways, its a simple job that wont cost you anything. I had sort of the same problem (mostly loss of power at lower rpms). Cleaned the EGR and problem gone. May be an indication that the EGR is on its way out though...

tried disconnecting it went straight into limp so connected that back up and removed the mass air flow and its a little better but not great at all might have to try that tomorrow I've cleaned it before thou

currently got it off and cleaning it
also cleaning the mass air flow and the boost pressure sensor too

but i have my doubts that this is going to work

does anyone else have any ideas ?

first picture is of the car just idling
1.jpg

second picture is also of the car just idling but with the rpm on the page too
2.jpg

third picture here is of the car being revved while recording and has the rpms on
3.jpg

if any of you guys are good with the info provided to me it almost looks like injector 4 is alot higher then the rest for some reason and also injector 1 seems to be alot lower then the rest when the accelerator is pressed at any rev

possibly 2 new injectors required ?

please help

Last edited:
found diesel leaking on cylinder 4 and i think ive found the problem
DSC_0071.jpg

anyone got one of these laying around

as i had to take all 4 injectors out to get to the broken bracket i have ordered new seals for them but heres a little pic after i given them a little clean up
DSC_0069%255B1%255D.jpg

and as i got in bits heres a pic of the cleaned up egr
DSC_0066.jpg

glad you found the fault mate, youve managed all that in a weekend and I spent an entire day just changing plugs on mine.....dont laugh the pigging spark plug socket got stuck on the plug

ordered one today from fiat shall be with me tomorrow at a cost of £12 so its cheaper then a vauxhall one if you ever get in to the situation like this

well got the retainer and the new seals today just been out there put it all back together swapping what i thought was the bad injector with one of the others so its in cylinder one now being the easiest to get to

heres what my figures are looking like at 2 mins

on idle
cylinder 1 3.35 average mm³/i
cylinder 2 -0.43 average mm³/i
cylinder 3 -1.55 average mm³/i
cylinder 4 -1.35 average mm³/i

overal they all average out to 0.00 average mm³/i

fast idle (2000rpm)

cylinder 1 5.10 average mm³/i
cylinder 2 0.36 average mm³/i
cylinder 3 -0.50 average mm³/i
cylinder 4 -5.07 average mm³/i

again they balance out to -0.11 average mm³/i

idle again after fast idle

cylinder 1 3.48 average mm³/i
cylinder 2 -0.43 average mm³/i
cylinder 3 -1.42 average mm³/i
cylinder 4 -1.62 average mm³/i

which would be overal of 0.01 average mm³/i

so it makes me think that the injector i believe to be faulty is now in cylinder one can someone confirm this from these figures ?

Hi,

on my 120hp i have to clean 2. and 4. injector and i dont know how to remove it so do u remove it by yourself (how) or your mehanic? Then i will take it do the Bosch service to clean them.

Have fun.

i did it myself on the 16v you remove the leak off pipe first
one that runs to all the injectors held on with little clips in my case.
then undo the metal feed pipes and remove
then there is a 12mm nut holding my injectors in place undo that n give them a wiggle n they pop out

if you remove yours thou it will be best to have a new set of the copper washers from the bottom to hand and clean out the bore where it sits too

Back