General Running Hot

Currently reading:
General Running Hot

poordad

Hi I Got A 55s 95 Punto For My Daughter The Engine Seems To Run Very Hot All Cooling Fan Works . But Can Not See Temp Gauge Should This Have One ?? Or Is It She Is Learning To Drive Pls Help Martin And Alex

poordad said:
Hi I Got A 55s 95 Punto For My Daughter The Engine Seems To Run Very Hot All Cooling Fan Works . But Can Not See Temp Gauge Should This Have One ?? Or Is It She Is Learning To Drive Pls Help Martin And Alex

I am new to Fiat cars but yes it should have a temp gauge, never come across a car yet that has not got one. It is usually to the left of the speedo. It is on my wife 75SX model anyway, although the 75's do have a rev counter which I am not sure if the 55 have this or not.

I would check the water level in the radiator, you may have a leak. You need to make sure you have enough coolant.

Good luck, if in doubt take it to a garage just to get it checked, you don't want an engine fire due to overheat.

Wayne

Hi there. I don't think you should worry. Since the 55s is the basic model, it doesn't have a temp gauge on the clock. However it does have an overheat warning light on the upleft corner of your fuel meter, which will flash when the temp sensor detects an overheat. Your fan kicking in is a good sign that the temp sensor's working properly. But do check if the coolant is ok or if there's any leak just in case! Hope this helps!

Last edited:
If you mean the cooling fan keeps cutting in/out at traffic, they do tend to do this on the cinqs/sei's (same engine) and is not a problem at all as long as the fan is working :) infact i'd be worried if i didnt hear it kicking in/out :D

Back