Running 2 Amps from HU

Currently reading:
Running 2 Amps from HU

Mr_noir_1976

Hi all,
need a bit of help here,

ive just got hold of a sony HU that has 1 pre out for amp,but i have also gotten hold of another amp,so im going to be running 2 amps,one for the 6x9's and Sub,the other for the door and dash speakers,
so me prob is how do i wire 2 amps to 1 pre out?

my mate has his amp wired to his ignition(he has no pre out on HU),but that means it only comes on when engine running,fine for driving about,but i wanna run mine while washing it and that,so any advice would be great guys!

and by advice i mean on question,not on how i can dispose of my 6X9's!!

LOL!!

cheers!

you mean about remote switch.

preouts on the stereo just left/right

if your amps have input and preouts then run the other amp from the preouts of the 1st amp so it daisy chains to preamp the second amp, or you could just buy a y splitter for the preouts they only about £5 from most audio shops.

for the remote lead (blue wire to turn amps on) just use a connector block and add another wire comming from the wire so it splits into 2 and then put them on the remote turn on on the amps

You can daisy chain the remote turn on lead too if you don't want to use a block, will be fine for just 2 amps.

To turn on a few more things (like 2 amps, 2 EQ's and a x-over) you could use something like this (shameless willy wave coming up)....

PG_TiDD10.JPG

and at night...

705056_27.jpg

paulbfd said:
To turn on a few more things (like 2 amps, 2 EQ's and a x-over) you could use something like this (shameless willy wave coming up)....

PG_TiDD10.JPG

and at night...

705056_27.jpg

Stop it! :p

Back