Rugby vs Football

Currently reading:
Rugby vs Football

Rugby or football?

• I prefer rugby as it's a "real" game played by real sportsmen. Football's for hairdressers!

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • I prefer football. It's more skillful than rugby and you don't have to be a toff to play it!

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I played both at school level and never got injured in Rugby, and before you say anything no it wasn't "touch" rugby. I have however broken two toes and an arm playing football at school level.

There are plenty of well groomed, fashion icon, rugby players. There are some in every sport, rugby, football, golf, cricket ect.... yes I know there are more in football but football is a better known sport so it makes sense for sports companies to use them as advertisments.

And as for footballers "hugging and kissing after they score", the hardest rugby team in the world "The all blacks" actually DANCE before they play:D

I played both at school level and never got injured in Rugby, and before you say anything no it wasn't "touch" rugby. I have however broken two toes and an arm playing football at school level.

I too broke toes playing football at school. (note to self - don't kick the ground :rolleyes:)

I got very bruised playing rugby at secondary school level but never broke anything. However, cracked ribs, broken arms, broken collar bones, broken noses and even a fractured skull were almost common place injuries :eek: As I was in the fly half I managed to avoid the worst of the heavy stuff involved in the centre half.

Can I ask how you managed to break your arm playing football, especially seeing as you don't use your arms unless you are throwing the ball from the sideline or you're a goal keeper?

There are plenty of well groomed, fashion icon, rugby players.

Can you name me one, other than Johnny Wilkinson? Someone who is a household name and is known for promoting some kind of designer fashion wear?

There are some in every sport, rugby, football, golf, cricket ect.... yes I know there are more in football but football is a better known sport so it makes sense for sports companies to use them as advertisments.

It's one thing for sportsmen to promote a product, it's another for them to act (and look!) like drama queens on the pitch ;)

And as for footballers "hugging and kissing after they score", the hardest rugby team in the world "The all blacks" actually DANCE before they play:D

www.nzallblacks.net/haka.asp

Rugby: The All Blacks "Haka".

There is a ritual in the All Blacks team. Before the game starts, the players will gather at the center of the rugby field and face their opponents fiercely. Then they begin some kind of a war-dance. In Maori language, this ritual is called the "haka".

The haka is part of the Maori warrior's conditioning for war and battle.

The ALL BLACKS HAKA is called the Te Rauparaha Haka

Want to dance with him now?!!! :p

Attachments

• maori[1].jpg
    maori[1].jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 3
  • All blacks.jpg
    All blacks.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Whether its war dancing or not its still dancing. And just cos he's ugly, doesn't mean he's any worse than Eric Cantona :D You say that footballers are drama queens on the pitch. Surely the Haka doesn't mean as much to the New Zealanders in todays modern world (the whole team aren't native new zealanders) but is a ritual that attracts the media (see below). That makes them kinda dramatic with no apparent reason.

Talking about the all blacks that is your example of
Can you name me one, other than Johnny Wilkinson? Someone who is a household name and is known for promoting some kind of designer fashion wear?
I consider the all blacks a household name and THE WHOLE TEAM ENDORSE ADIDAS:D

Oh and I play right back and got tripped by a slide tackle, I landed funny on my arm and it broke, not nice but meh, it happens:eek:

Back