Rugby vs Football

Currently reading:
Rugby vs Football

Rugby or football?

• I prefer rugby as it's a "real" game played by real sportsmen. Football's for hairdressers!

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • I prefer football. It's more skillful than rugby and you don't have to be a toff to play it!

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just caught some rugby being shown on BBC1 - Bradford vs St. Helens. I always prefer watching rugby to football because it seems like their players are more interested in playing the game rather than acting like wimps scared of ruining their hairstyles! In football if a player gets 'hurt' he's often trying to put on a show to get a free kick/ penalty. In rugby, if a player gets hurt he really is hurt...

But enough of my prejudices! What does everyone else prefer - Rugby or football?

Last edited:
Just caught some rugby being shown on BBC1 - Bradford vs St. Helens

thats not proper rugby thats the cut down poor relation :devil: :devil:

there is REAL rugby on sky tho(the npc and the currie cup):worship: :worship:

none stop watching TV an go fix your clutch :nono:

Can't do anything more on my car until I pick up the replacement gearbox tomorrow Dave! The Cinq is sitting on stands and minus a gearbox at the moment. The old gearbox had a ruddy great crack on the bottom (so THAT'S where all the oil went :rolleyes: :bang:) and the input shaft is totally seized up.

Anyway, I'm going mountain biking in a minute :)

I like both football and rugby but like Xen I would much rather play than watch.

I tend to feel embarrassed and angry when I watch football because the players really are a set of pansies with all the play-acting. It really is killing the sport.

Maybe footballers caught acting in this way should be forced to play competetive rugby for a few weeks. It'd either straighten them out or kill 'em.

Either way, I'm happy. (y)

Football, as you describe it
Football's for hairdressers!
is a lot tougher than rugby when you play at lower levels. As far as watching it goes, I'd sooner watch a bunch of grown men kick each other and display aspectacular array of skill when the alternative is a bunch of men hugging each other, nibbling each others ears and grabbing each others legs.

Now which seems like the hairdressers sport? I bet plenty of rugby players have MX-5's :D

Football is the better game, thats why the suits have latched onto it as a business opportunity. I feel sorry for the true fans being gouged by a bunch of Arthur Daleys. The players make too much as well, but better that than too little like they used to in the 1950s. Remember as a pro footballer your career is over at 35.

Football, as you describe it is a lot tougher than rugby when you play at lower levels.

Erm, yeah, of course :rolleyes: I take it you've never player rugby...

As far as watching it goes, I'd sooner watch a bunch of grown men kick each other and display aspectacular array of skill when the alternative is a bunch of men hugging each other, nibbling each others ears and grabbing each others legs.

And what do footballers do every time someone scores a goal? "Ooh darling, lets have the whole team hug you for kicking a ball in the net!" :p

Now which seems like the hairdressers sport? I bet plenty of rugby players have MX-5's :D

How many rugby players have fancy hairstyles compared with footballers? And the number of footballers who prance about as 'fashion' icons compared with rugby players is a ratio of just how many?!!!

Where's the option for none of the above?

I did ask a Mod to add an extra category but nothing happend :(

Back