Technical Rubbing strips along the bottom of the doorway

Currently reading:
Technical Rubbing strips along the bottom of the doorway

Dule

I didn't know where to put this question so I put it here. Move it if necessary:). I wonder how to take off the rubbing strips along the bottom of the doorway so I could put the cable for amp. I have seen 3 bolts. when I unscrew them what next. I don't wont to break anything as I did on Marea?
Tanks

I didn't know where to put this question so I put it here. Move it if necessary:). I wonder how to take off the rubbing strips along the bottom of the doorway so I could put the cable for amp. I have seen 3 bolts. when I unscrew them what next. I don't wont to break anything as I did on Marea?
Tanks

No no no!!

The large ish plastic bit that slopes down into the side of the seats is held on by three clips. Pull that off from the bottom, and underneath on both sides is enough space within the clips for loads of wires. Ive got 4x 6x9's and two lots of amp low input cables and two power cables running down the sides in that fashion...

And you can hide the wires in the other plastic bits on each side of the long bit that come off with 2 screws on the front and one on the back.

If i havent been detailed enough, ill include some pics if u like.

Chris

No no no!!

The large ish plastic bit that slopes down into the side of the seats is held on by three clips. Pull that off from the bottom, and underneath on both sides is enough space within the clips for loads of wires. Ive got 4x 6x9's and two lots of amp low input cables and two power cables running down the sides in that fashion...

And you can hide the wires in the other plastic bits on each side of the long bit that come off with 2 screws on the front and one on the back.

If i havent been detailed enough, ill include some pics if u like.

Chris

Thanks a lot, but if you have few pictures i would be grateful.

P.S. Now I remembered another thing. Did you drill hole or there is serial one between engine and passenger compartment. Tanks

Last edited:
Remember to keep the power cables seperate from the speaker cables. The drivers side in the UK has less cabling down it so put the speaker cables that side.

Cheers

D

I will keep that in my mind, tanks.

P.S. Now I remembered another thing. Did you drill hole or there is serial one between engine and passenger compartment. Tanks

There is a space for the power cables to go through from the battery.. Its a biatch to fit through though.. Its the little rubber circle on the right hand side looking from the front of the engine.. i belive.. probs left.. :)

Ill get some pics later on.. at work at the moment..

If you cant get them through however.. on my old cinq.. i drilled thorugh the left hand side (looking front onto the engine) behind the battery into the space behind the front right speaker (sitting in drivers seat view)

Theres only two metal surfaces to go through and is easily done.. Dont do the hole too big though.. you want a nice snug fit for the cables..

Some pics for you mate...

imageview.php

imageview.php

tanks for pics. i was wonder if you have a picture on which you could show me how to remove that large ish plastic? I don't won't to break it:D.

I succeed to remove plastic. It is quit easy. But I can’t find the hole. I read what you wrote about hole and I find rubber cover on the left side of the brake “cylinder”. Did you thought on that thing?

Back