General Rubber on accelerator pedal?

Currently reading:
General Rubber on accelerator pedal?

Lazaroo

Recently got a Sei Sporting, also my mum has a Cinq, Whilst looking for my Sporting, I noticed that every single one I saw had the rubber pad from the accelerator pedal worn away. I contacted Fiat, who said they are no longer making them, is it worth giving ebay a go, or just leave it?

I'm used to driving without it now, but its just cosmetic for me now really!

Im pretty sure they never had a rubber pad on the accelerator(spl?) pedal.... the schumacher has alloy covers, but the other models only have rubbers on the brake & clutch...

Its only got 24k on the mileage.

I only ask because it looks like there was one at one point, due to there being a couple of leftover bits of non-worn away rubber left on it. :confused:

Maybe a previous owner put one on that has now worn away.

I think ive got a spare pads for all the pedals I took them off when I fitted new plates. I'll have a look when I get home tonight if ive still got it you can have them if you want. I'll pm you if i have etc.

Thanks very much :) I may be a little slow responding to messages, my laptop is being repaired at the moment, so I'm snatching 5 minutes on other PC's when I can!

Had a look at the ones I took off the car, got the brake & clutch covers. The accelerater pedal was just covered with a piece of stick on rubber with a few grooves. (my mistake thought it was a cover.)

Ok, thanks loads for taking the time to look for me though :).

I shall leave it as it is then, apparently you are only legally required to have adequate gripping on the clutch and brake pedals anyway, I guess Fiat were just trying to cut costs!

As well as the Punto idea -- but I find that rubber can get very slipply -- two cheap solutions:

1. Get hold of some coarse silicon carbide powder. Cover the pedal face with a thin coat of araldite and sprinkle on the grit. (As used on yachts, etc.)

Or

2. Drill a few holes in the pedal and countersink them. Fill the countersunk holes with silicone sealant so that it's a littlepround of the surface. Leave to cure.

What wrong with the metal pedal?? :confused: Never had any problems myself!

Kristian

I do agree, also found on my cinq' th@ the footwell carpet got in the way of my pedal "flooring it" properly when I put pedal covers on due to the extra width & curve of the carpet.

Acellerator cover wasn't th@ wide but it made a surprising difference!!!

Likewise Smiler... I have enough trouble getting the pedal to the floor as it is.

If i were keeping the car, i would probably invest some time heating and bending the pedals to a much better position!!

(y)

Back