General rubber bonnet scoop

Currently reading:
General rubber bonnet scoop

How does the rubber bonnet scoop fit to the panda bonnet :confused:

It has got 4 bungs with screws in but cannot see how they will fit through the slats in the bonnet. Am I missing some vital equipment? :D

Thanks

Hello Gaz,
The screws and plastic retainers remove from the underside of the scoop.
You place the scoop over the the louvres and fix the retainers from underneath, using the screws.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• brain2.jpg
    brain2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 11
Gaz, when you undo the screws a rubber plug should come off with each one. You then place the scoop on the top of the bonnet grill, then screw the grommets in from the underside of the grill.

Do you not have the plugs/ retainers?

No rubber plugs :(

The screws look like ones you get with flat pack furniture

Think washers should be able to hold them in place

Yes, use your brain as a grommet - it's nice and soft and squidgey so you shouldn't damage the paint work - it helps if you have a Grey Panda so the paint matches but I uam told that pink goes with grey very nicely so you might want a pink Panda special edition instead - GIna has a spare one.....:D

No rubber plugs :(

The screws look like ones you get with flat pack furniture

Think washers should be able to hold them in place

Gaz, I have a Uno bonnet scoop that fits in a similar way to the one on the Panda. The retainers are simply small blocks of hard'ish rubber, similar to the rubber you get on a rubbing block. I'm sure you could find something like this then you could cut some chunks off it and shape them to suit, make a hole through the middle of each one and that would do the trick perfectly. Use washers between the screws and rubber blocks, but don't just use screws and washers only with the scoop else you'll scratch the paint/ damage the metal.

Good luck (y)

Last edited:
Gaz, I have a Uno bonnet scoop that fits in a similar way to the one on the Panda. The retainers are simply small blocks of hard'ish rubber, similar to the rubber you get on a rubbing block. I'm sure you could find something like this then you could cut some chunks off it and shape them to suit, make a hole through the middle of each one and that would do the trick perfectly. Use washers between the screws and rubber blocks, but don't just use screws and washers only with the scoop else you'll scratch the paint/ damage the metal.

Good luck (y)

To late, it going on ebay :p

Back