Technical RPM Problems

Currently reading:
Technical RPM Problems

SvetS

Hello guys!
Sooo my Punto 176 1.2 75 has a problem when i need to get out faster sometimes and after that need to slow down the RPM's start reving by it self from 1500 to 2000 and nothing can help... Only battery removal or ECU pins unhook for a minute... It's fine and after some time when I need to get out of crossroads it makes it again...

Take a look to this thread

So, it can be idle stepper, lambda sensor or an air leakage in the intake that makes lambda sensor adjust the parameters

Take a look to this thread

So, it can be idle stepper, lambda sensor or an air leakage in the intake that makes lambda sensor adjust the parameters
Well I've cleaned the idle stepper and it actually works pretty well ( know it from experience), the lambda works but I don't know the Ohms values so it could be... Air leak in the intake is possible... And if none of this It might be just the ECU... It is 29 years old🤣 Actually it's older than me by 9 years...🤣

Definitively we have to deal with age-related ailments. On the other hand, it means our Puntos are still running, I don't see so many competitors in the streets from that time. So I would say they get old pretty well.

In my case it was a seal in the intake and a crack in the exhaust manifold. Both easy to check, just in case it helps

Definitively we have to deal with age-related ailments. On the other hand, it means our Puntos are still running, I don't see so many competitors in the streets from that time. So I would say they get old pretty well.

In my case it was a seal in the intake and a crack in the exhaust manifold. Both easy to check, just in case it helps
Well mine is pretty though and every day driver! Actually this might help!

try look at the hoses behind you intake, like MAP sensor and EVAP.

Air might leak in through there

Managed from where was the problem coming... After changing sensors, gaskets and hoses it came out the Idle stepper motor... And after some time the ECU got messed ( can't handle the idle... Power loss and turning off) and needed to change it too...

Back