IMAG0476.jpg

Coupe Roxy, Coupe 20V Turbo

Introduction

As some of you know I also own Chalky which is my main mini monster project car. But I needed something to tinker around on and spend as little money on as possible. A reliable daily basically... :rolleyes:

Roxy came up as a "non running" car without tax or MOT and had a fair few issues that needed urgent attention.

The gear selector was seized, meaning side to side throw was non existent. Complete strip down of the gear selector was required. Cleaned, sanded, and polished.

The clutch hydraulics were leaking everywhere so both cylinder have had to be replaced.

Complete service as all the spark plugs were mis matched and not one of them was the same. The car hasn't seen any use in over 2 years so the oils and fluids were all replaced.

Couple of small dents needed to be repaired and blended back in.

A small selection of owners manuals, and tool kits missing which have now been re equipped.

Style upgrades, front grill has been repaired and painted gloss black. The complete LE styling pack has been purchased, requires painting and fitting.

Ported and polished throttlebody with 50% of the throttle restriction removed (I didn't want to remove all of it as I wanted to be able to drive the car).

Coilpack cover has been sanded back and polished. (Tempted to just paint the main cover in wrinkle paint)

GTEC1 remap chip fitted along with a K&N pannel replacement filter.

Here is a few pictures of the car as she stands.

IMAG0476.jpg

Grill has been refitted.

IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG04781.jpg

IMAG04982.jpg

IMAG04801.jpg

Leather interior has been repaired and is kept freshly cleaned and moisturized.

IMAG04811.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

Gear selector ready to be bolted back in.

IMAG0475.jpg

Slightly buggered clutch master cylinder.

IMAG0504.jpg

Throttlebody prior to porting and polishing, take note of how much material there was.

IMAG0506.jpg

IMAG05051.jpg

Top lip has been V'd in, literally taken out 5mm of material all around. Throttle restriction mostly removed but kept some for drive ability. Hand sanded smooth with all cast imperfections removed. Hand buffed and polished to mirror finish. (Willing to do these but at a slightly increased cost over the normal ones PM for info).

I'm currently toying with the idea of possible lowering and LED tail light conversion.

Thanks

X
So this weekend has been a very counter productive one, I have cut pipes, cut nuts, and broke rubbers....

Of course i'm talking about fitting a new exhaust. Here are some pictures for you to all enjoy.

IMAG0512.jpg

IMAG0513.jpg

IMAG05141.jpg

Yes it's a ricer cannon, but it doesn't sound that bad to be honest.

Thanks

X

Bit of an update on Roxy.

Yes I still own her, and yes it's still an amazing car to own.

She is now sitting on a set of Borbet A Alloys 16x7.5 front, and 16x9 rear. Paired up with a set of coilovers with bravo top mounts to soften the ride a little.

Does need a service and a new exhaust manifold as mine has since cracked on the fifth branch (As per usual). New manfold will be purchased at the end of the month fingers crossed.

10169190_535956003182328_527337882572404817_n.jpg

10011880_523788611066854_7966553792065281370_o.jpg

This picture was taken by Bedworth, thanks goes to him.

Thanks

X

Back