Technical roof rail wobbly

Currently reading:
Technical roof rail wobbly

davietich

hi - anyone out there know if factory fitted roof rails are adjustable ie bolted inside under roof or are they welded, as mine are a bit loose now (not too bad) after carrying multiple loads of wood etc this last year.- i was wondering if its worth removing the roof trim with a mind to tightening them up.
any help appreciated. davie

sorry its a fiat panda

Last edited:
ahhh, the wifes eleganza is still away, but if i remember right inside teh car on the roof lining should be some plastic plugs, pop them out, you should see the bolts inside

anyone with a panda to hand?

and davie...never say sorry for owning a panda, be proud(y)

cheers jai - i will start ripping the lining out tomorrow- oh and i am proud of my wee panda - it carried and moved more materials this last year than a ford transit van with a monster trailer. (dr whos tardis springs to mind)
cheers -davie

Last edited:
New type Pandas have the threaded inserts in the roof, with no access from inside. You will need to click the shaped plastic covers off the roof rack which will expose the nut and stud arrangement. Don't overtighten the nut as there is very little engagement of the stud in the insert, Fiat supply a spanner with the roof rack which is only a few inches long.

The covers are easily damaged, they have a tongue and groove arrangement at one end, if this is broken you can always use black insulating tape to ensure it doesn't fall off.

Back