General Roof Bars

Currently reading:
General Roof Bars

Hello Multiplas! Been on here a few months. Great forum got some quick responses so far! Right...
I haven't seen this question on previous threads. My Multi' has the twin sunroofs. Need some roof bars & found out they "aren't suitable for cars with sunroof". Rang Fiat & they told me the roof ain't strong enough if sunroof fitted. Seriously??? Can't believe that myself. Have any of you guys got roof bars/sunroofs? Don't want to lose my bikes on the M1 but I can't believe that the roof is weakened that much. Cheers. See you at Elvaston Castle!!

The bespoke Fiat roof bars for the Multipla are fine with the sunroofs. Got a set for mine (and the sunroofs). The bars are set high enough to clear the sunroofs even when they are open. The sockets for them are in the roof and are nowhere near the sunroofs.

As they're expensive new from a Fiat dealer, ebay is probably your best option - there's always a set or two up for auction.

Hello Multiplas! Been on here a few months. Great forum got some quick responses so far! Right...
I haven't seen this question on previous threads. My Multi' has the twin sunroofs. Need some roof bars & found out they "aren't suitable for cars with sunroof". Rang Fiat & they told me the roof ain't strong enough if sunroof fitted. Seriously??? Can't believe that myself. Have any of you guys got roof bars/sunroofs? Don't want to lose my bikes on the M1 but I can't believe that the roof is weakened that much. Cheers. See you at Elvaston Castle!!

I hope you will be bringing your multipla on the club stand at Elvaston Castle our multipla could do with some company!

Yep, twin sunroofs here and Fiat bars. No problems. I'm sure other bars will fit. They just need the correct position and height so they don't foul the sunnies.

Hi, my twin sunroofed 2001 multipla has had a roofrack and 4 bikes on it for the past 5 years, and occasionally a long skibox. Done many thousands of miles with kit on roof with no problems at all. Got thule wide bars and fitting kit. Totally recommended.

Thanks for all your replies. Still unsure why Fiat told me the roof isn't strong enough. I'll try it and see with the kids bikes first!

Back